Thread: Fishing vs Golf

Fishing vs Golf

Set to play our club’s two day Ryder Cup style format tournament this weekend.
    It was a lot of fun last year. 36 holes Saturday of four ball/alternate shot. Singles matches on Sunday.
    Taking my grandson to Table Rock for 3 days on his fall break from high school.
    Today I had a dental procedure where they put me under to plant an implant post-so we didn’t get to leave today.
    Talked to grandson about our options and told him it was his call and I was fine with dropping out of the tournament as there were plenty of backups on the waiting list.
    This morning we talked and decided to extend our trip another day and fish Wed-Saturday and I would drop out of the tournament.
    Easy decision, plenty of other golf tournaments and fun golf some other day.
    Love to get my grandson away on fishing trips especially so this year of the Covid 19 school which has impacted his school and social life so much.
    I hope he catches a bunch this trip. Time to turn over the trolling motor and front seat to him for a while.

2. Member
    May your trip be blessed as I'm sure it will.

3. Member
    You did good Grandpa!

4. Member
    We had a terrible trip fish wise.
    We had a wonderful trip grandson/grandpa time.
    Took him to Springfield Bass Pro Shop to pop his eyes and see the sites.
    Talked a lot. Fought the wind and weather, fish just weren’t in the mood.
    He laughed at my goof ups which were more than my usual share.
    We enjoyed each other.
    That is the most important thing about time spent outdoors doing anything together.

5. Member
    Ya did good

6. Member
    Good job!

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    You did good. I always did love those Ryder Cup style. The two local clubs used to have the Dunn cup. I have been on the winning team for both clubs.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!