Thread: Harris chain

Harris chain

Taking the grandson fishing Thursday and Friday and thought we would try the Harris chain this time. Any info on fishing would be appreciated. Nothing particular just if offshore or shallow is the best way to go. Also is the restaurant in the river still open for lunch? Also any recommendations on a hotel that has power for the boat? Thanks.

2. Member
    I'd stay at Fisherman's Cove. They have little camper mobile homes you can plug in right next to your unit. Also a ramp so you can just go from there. Fished there a few weeks ago and the fishing was a bit tough. Some guys are finding them offshore and you can get bit inshore as well. Depends on what you're looking for, quantity or quality. They have nuked alot of the grass and I heard they are in the process of doing more now.

3. Banned
    I'd bet Lake Deaton hasn't been fished and would love to have some visitors...

4. Member
    Just find eel grass in 5-8ft of water and should catch some nice fish
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

5. Member
    Thanks Triton. My grandson is just showing interest in fishing so I’m trying to give him some enjoyable outings.

6. Member
    Update on our trip. The stay at fisherman’s cove was good and we caught plenty of fish both days. Thanks for all the help.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I'd bet Lake Deaton hasn't been fished and would love to have some visitors...
    Not entirely true. It has been fished...just not very successfully by me, lol
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye