Clipper Inn Clayton, NY

Has anyone ever stayed at the Clipper Inn in Clayton, NY? It lookd to be ok from the pictures but I didn't see it mentioned when I did a search on here.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    I stayed there during a BFL a few years ago. It’s a very clean hotel with a very good restaurant on site (albeit expensive food). There’s really not much room to park a boat though especially if the hotel and restaurant are filled and you can’t have the trailer hooked up to the truck if you want it in the front parking lot.. There’s a back lot that a few boats parked in and just had to run long extension cords. Otherwise cars will be running over your power cords. Ask first if it’s ok to park in the back lot and run cords out.

without a boat, it’s one of my go-to places to stay. With a boat though you’re better off looking at Ks motel/cottages and west wind cottages. Shy away from Fairwinds.. had a few bad experiences there from showers not working/leaking to owners increasing rates because a tournament was in town after already locking in off season rates.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I stayed there during a BFL a few years ago. It’s a very clean hotel with a very good restaurant on site (albeit expensive food). There’s really not much room to park a boat though especially if the hotel and restaurant are filled and you can’t have the trailer hooked up to the truck if you want it in the front parking lot.. There’s a back lot that a few boats parked in and just had to run long extension cords. Otherwise cars will be running over your power cords. Ask first if it’s ok to park in the back lot and run cords out.

without a boat, it’s one of my go-to places to stay. With a boat though you’re better off looking at Ks motel/cottages and west wind cottages. Shy away from Fairwinds.. had a few bad experiences there from showers not working/leaking to owners increasing rates because a tournament was in town after already locking in off season rates.
    Thanks for the heads up! I just made a reservation at K's.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Motel is clean and well kept. Not the best place to handle a boat. As stated, you can park your boat behind the motel, but you have to deal with long extension cords and people WILL be driving across your cords. The restaurant next door has some of the finest food in the area though !