Trailer Wheel Jack - Rubber Tire

Has anyone seen a rubber tire for a trailer wheel jack? I have to push my boat over rough asphalt and I would think rubber would be better.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

2. Member
    I have not. How far do you have to push it? Would the wheel placed on a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood suffice? Lay it down temporarily, pick it up and store against a wall when not in use?

3. Member
    brother in law put a rubber wheel on his trailer jack and rolls his trailer around a lot easier, not sure where he got it.

4. Member
    I googled it and found a few. Just have to check out the load rating.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

5. Member
    Most jacks are 6" wheels. Lots of industrial options with bearing hubs.

You could get something like this and just use the wheel portion: https://www.grizzly.com/products/Ste...d-Caster/D2578

Or this: https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-r...ter-61844.html
    Last edited by Pagregss; 10-20-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

6. Member
    My last boat I actually bought a long steel shaft and installed 3 rubber wheels on the standard jack. One went between the fork and one on each side with a washer and clip on each end. The wheels were from a tractor supply I believe. I had to wheel across gravel and the 3 wheels had very good float and made it a lot easier.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

7. Member
    I replaced the 6" plastic wheel on my Tracker Trailer (PT 170) jack with a Urethane on Polypropylene wheel. It is now much easier to move around in the driveway and in the garage.

This is the one I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Member
    Depending on the size of the trailer/boat you are moving, a trailer dolly may also be a good option.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-7022...Y1ETQBGTFAD6VP

9. Member
    This thread got me thinking about this and I actually ordered the wheel that Pinto posted from Amazon in his first post. Put it on last night. Vast improvement! Thanks, Pinto.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

10. Member
    My old jack had gotten so bad it was basically useless. I upgraded to a dual wheel one that has a 2000 lb. load capacity. I went ahead and changed the plastic wheels out for new rubber ones that I got at TSC. They were a tiny bit wider so I'm going to need to buy a 7" bolt to replace the 6" one. Haven't rolled it out of the garage yet but I can already tell it's a major upgrade. Much easier to crank up and down and the wheels turn much easier than the plastic ones.
    IMG-0955.jpgNew Jack, original wheels
    TRAILER JACK WHEEL.jpgReplacement Wheel

TRAILER JACK 2.jpgTrailer Jack with new wheels.

11. Member
    Pagregss....Glad it worked out for you. As an added bonus, I found the new wheel doesn’t leave any marks on the garage floor like the plastic one did

12. Member
    Research "wheel castors" from a industrial shop. There are many options.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlFedAngler View Post
    Has anyone seen a rubber tire for a trailer wheel jack? I have to push my boat over rough asphalt and I would think rubber would be better.
    Get a dual wheeled 1, and it will work fine even on gravel.

14. Member
    Same here Pagregss...needed a new wheel...ordered the same one Pinto did...thanks fellas...