Mercury 20hp motor no power

I have a 20HP 4 stroke Mercury on my wife’s little pontoon boat. Motor is only 2 years old. It does stay on the water for probably 9 months out of the year. This last weekend the motor would start just fine but when you gave it gas the motor would choke down. It would not die, but it would not power up like it should. The motor is only 2 years old so I am surprised I am having an issue like this.

Could it be an issue with the Fuel Demand Valve or the fuel line? If there is a small leak in the fuel line or primer bulb letting air in, would it cause this type of problem?

I have read It may be issues with the fuel pump.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Member
    You may get faster help by posting in the 4-stroke forum, please include engine serial number when you do.

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Thanks, I'll have to get the serial number this weekend and will repost in the 4 stroke forum.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS1 View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to get the serial number this weekend and will repost in the 4 stroke forum.
    this is smoking section
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................