Thread: Spinnerbait ID

Spinnerbait ID

I am trying to downsize my fishing lures and wish to sell many of them in the spring but am unable to identify these spinnerbaits. Some of the main blades at the end of the shaft have been changed but they all have that curved first blade. Any help with the identity would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    a friend use to make some like these, he called them a "motor Mouse". But I don't ever recall seeing one that was made commercially. They were pretty good buzzing baits. A different sound than a conventional buzzer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    a friend use to make some like these, he called them a "motor Mouse". But I don't ever recall seeing one that was made commercially. They were pretty good buzzing baits. A different sound than a conventional buzzer.
    The Motor Mouse was made commercially by 3-J Bait Co. out of Brookline Station, MO. But that’s definitely not their head design.

4. Member
    thanks D. Moore. I learned something today.

5. Member
    Thanks so far. So we are still looking.

6. Member
    There were some similar to those that I think were made by a tackle shop owner on Lake Wylie back in the early 80's. I don't recall the name of them though.

7. Member
    Theres been a couple of versions of roto spin spinnerbaits. But this one looks like a private label. by that I mean somebody local assembled them with parts purchased from netcraft or some other supplier. I actually like fishing this kind of bait slowly and deep. I have no idea why it worked well that way but it did. I used a version made by producto lures in the mid 70's. And the guy that owned Producto said they were an improved version of the original. I think it may have been called a Sure Slayer? Denny, does that ring any bells??