Question Starting Battery ?

Mercury 250 ProXS (2 Stroke)
    SN: 2B122173

At a point where I need to replace my cranking battery as I'm beginning my 4th year on it. Currently running a Duracell Group 31 AGM and it has been flawless but about to begin the season with High School Fishing and don't want to have it decide to go down while on the water so looking to replace in the next month or so. Given that Lithium prices have become more reasonable I'd like to consider making this move with cranking battery and following with trolling batteries within the year. My questions are has anyone made this move and acquired a lithium battery for starting and also does it meet the spec's that Don has laid out in the sticky regarding batteries that meet the requirements and is the battery holding up well?
    I know there are likely many that will meet all the requirements but there are also a number of newer vendors and would prefer to learn from someone who's had experience. Finally, if there are negative thoughts on using a lithium for starting, would like to hear those as well as another AGM will be much easier on the wallet. Thanks in advance for input.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

I’m ordering my Lithium’s this week. Looks like the 125AH Ionic works well for starting Mercs. There’s no “cold cranking amp” listed for the Lithium’s, but everyone says they will spin the Mercs easily. I am going with the 125AH for starting, and graphs, and two 100AH for trolling
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

3. Banned
    Relion RB100HP and never look back

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Relion RB100HP and never look back
    I used this one for years without any problems. I sold it to a fellow club member and he is still running it. hunter689 is Relion dealer.

As a cheaper alternative, the NAPA Commercial battery PN 7234 or 7235 (different terminal posts) costs around $175 to $190. It is a beast of a battery that many have been using for years without any issues. I personally have used this battery for a year and it has been trouble free.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s