Thread: Truman Reports?

Banned

Truman Reports?

Has anyone been on Truman lately? Heading over on Thursday to look around. We have the Joe Bass Classic this weekend.
    Thanks
    Tom

2. Member
    My buddy is fishing that as well they went down this past weekend and had 12/13lbs up by bucksaw. Sounded like it was pretty tough with the warmer weather reheating the water a bit but that might change this week with the cold fronts coming in. Good luck down there! I will be there for the MO Bass State tournament in a couple weeks.

Its super tough right now.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    Its super tough right now.
    good info!

5. Member
    I was there the end of Sept. so my info is a little dated. Tale of two days failed to get bit on a high sky hot day in the grand. Day two woke up to clouds and had 9 keepers caught about 25. Buzz bait and a jig on main lake and creek flats up the tebo. best 5 15.5 with a 5 lber. I would think that bite should be getting stronger. Big stumps and laydowns were key not much out of cedars. 1-3 ft of water. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    good info!
    I definately have a spot you should try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    Has anyone been on Truman lately? Heading over on Thursday to look around. We have the Joe Bass Classic this weekend.
    Thanks
    Tom
    How did you do Tom? Anybody else on here fish it? Definitely the toughest tournament I have ever fished between the scattered fish and Mother Nature. We were only getting 3-5 keeper bites a day previous 3 weekends and during last 3 days of practice. Something different each day. Had our 5 bites both days of the tournament, but lost two each day. Heartbreaking. Think we ended up around 47th.

8. Banned
    That wind totally dictated where we fished. We were completely off our game.

We had two on Saturday (Spinnerbait and swimbait) and had one keeper on Sunday (shakeyhead).
    The shakeyhead bite actually came on strong on bluff walls at the end of the day be we discovered it too late on Sunday.

For sure. That wind was brutal. We had found a few fish Saturday on a timber point, but went back Sunday and couldn't hold the boat in the rollers from that north wind. Couldn't fish two other areas from Sat also. Oh well, pretty good event. Met some pretty cool guys both days docked next to us before takeoff. I figured there were more BBC'ers fishing it.

10. Banned
    What boat number were you? I was 191 out of 199. ha. I got to be one of the first ones out on Sunday though

155. Last flight on Sat, end of the first flight on Sunday.