Thread: Lake Cumberland

Smile Lake Cumberland

Anyone been the past week or so? Any new reports or is the suck meter still pegged?

2. Member
    Still pegged........Water is still 71, and dropped 15 ft

3. Member
    Has the bite picked up?

4. Member
    Going to make own report in couple days

5. Member
    Bite is slow this week

6. Member
    Fished 4 days this past week, it was pretty bad! between 3 of us on the boat we maybe caught 20 fish all week and im counting EVERYTHING! Only 2 keepers a 2lb Ky and a 4lb largemouth, the big fish was the only largemouth we caught. Most fish were on topwater right before dark on main lake points around jamestown area. Did best on points with some type of transition of gravel to chunk rock or chunk to bluff wall. Could not make anything happen in the full on daylight.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdl1503 View Post
    Fished 4 days this past week, it was pretty bad! between 3 of us on the boat we maybe caught 20 fish all week and im counting EVERYTHING! Only 2 keepers a 2lb Ky and a 4lb largemouth, the big fish was the only largemouth we caught. Most fish were on topwater right before dark on main lake points around jamestown area. Did best on points with some type of transition of gravel to chunk rock or chunk to bluff wall. Could not make anything happen in the full on daylight.
    Sounds like everywhere is tough right now. Should pick up soon

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdl1503 View Post
    Thanks for report.

9. Member
    On the bright side i got to replace both trolling batteries while I was down there, on board charger took a dump so I gotta order a new one and ran about $150 worth of gas through the ol 250XB good times

10. Member
    Should be any time now. I was fishing it as well when this thread started and it was tough. I've been going to lakes closer to home until it cools down some more. My favorite time there is late november, december. It takes a while to pick up. The live bait striper fishing has been good. My father has been catching those daily. That's an entirely different deal though.

11. Member
    Anybody got a current water temp from the Burnside area? Going down Tuesday and debating which end of the lake to fish. Hearing it was around 70 in Indian earlier this week and the bite was really tough.

12. Member
    Ran up to muddy water in Pittman was in lows 60s but mid creek was 66 this am at burnside