Garmin 93SV Echomap

Anybody know if Satellite Imagery will work on this unit. I have looked for answer and can not find. It came with G3 lakes and has been upgraded to latest version.

Do you have the LakeVu g3 Ultra card mapping, or are you just using the built-in LakeVu g3? You need the Ultra mapping for the high-resolution satellite imagery.

Which Echomap 93? Original, CHIRP, Plus, or UHD?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Echomap 93SV UHD. Came with the G3 built in map. I am trying to figure out which card it is I can used. I see that on garmin web site they have Ultra east and Ultra west and G3. I guess the G3 they talking about is what I have already. I haven't finished looking at the details on this.

Yes, that unit is fully compatible with all mapping features. Both the East and West Ultra cards have Louisiana fully covered. Look at the Coverage tab to see the borders of the cards.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/66...10-00#coverage

Exact available features for each specific waterbody vary on the Ultra card. Search this link below to make sure your lakes of interest do offer Satellite Imagery (check marks beside the feature).

https://lakes.garmin.com/
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Thanks

6. Member
    Well I bit the bullet and it bit me. I invested in the Lakevu Ultra card east and I can not get it to work in respect to satellite imagery nowhere in the state of Louisiana. Maybe I am setting it up wrong, but the Manual and online is very limited on instructions on how to set up. I have a couple of other things I want to try, but it is looking more and more that only certain lakes will provide satellite imagery. This is really disheartening because if you are going to market a card with satellite imagery How hard is it to do the whole map even if you have to sell by areas and states.
    And the fact that they are now in bed with Navionics all theirs cards for Garmin are just Garmin cards with a few enhancements from Navionics which is really junk.
    You want to compete than provide a useable product no matter where you live. No more soap box.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I never understood what satellite imagery on land does to help the maps on the water.

I wish we could make our own images like Lowrance.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I never understood what satellite imagery on land does to help the maps on the water.

I wish we could make our own images like Lowrance.
    benefit of satellite imagery
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    If the unit is set up correctly with satellite imagery will show canals and bayous you can't see on a regular contour map.
    Agree fish I wish they would, but they too hung up on the fact that people will steal their technology. Mapping is what sells GPS mostly.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    benefit of satellite imagery
    I understand if you can do a full aerial map....in fact i still have a Lowrance Gen 2 unit where i'll use my custom aerial maps....

I'm talking about aerials like on the pic below.....what good does aerial on land do??

Aerial map.PNG

11. Member
    as a better reference to your location?

I dunno, thats all i got

12. Member
    I understand if you can do a full aerial map....in fact i still have a Lowrance Gen 2 unit where i'll use my custom aerial maps....

I'm talking about aerials like on the pic below.....what good does aerial on land do??

Aerial map.PNG
    There is a setting that can change that.
    Get on the Chart display. Select Menu: Layers: Chart: Map Blend. I set to 100% It gets rid of the contour lines and shows photo.
    But I suppose you already know that.

13. Member
    Well after a few e-mails back and forth with Garmin I was able to confirm there are no satellite maps for my area. Now mind you they just bought Navionics that is in the map making market. So what the intelligent people that make decisions decided to do is incorporate the best features of both Garmin and Navionics maps and make one good map. I can not argue with that feature it is the best I have seen in this area, in regards to contours in bayous, rivers and lakes, but if would take another step and do Satellite Imagery they would open a whole new market. Done.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think your best bet to get aerials down south, is to get an older Lowrance unit (Gen 2 or newer), make your aerials and use that......assuming you have room for 2 units on dash IF you want 2 units.

15. Member
    I think your best bet to get aerials down south, is to get an older Lowrance unit (Gen 2 or newer), make your aerials and use that......assuming you have room for 2 units on dash IF you want 2 units.
    I have 2 Gen 3, 9 touch. They are ideal for aerial maps. I wanted to try Garmin and see if they had the same capability. They do, but they don't. They can show aerial maps, but there are no maps that work in them. Talk about the mule pushing the cart.