The Nitro is gone

Been a Nitro owner for many years without complaint. Sold my Z7/200ProXS package and am now boatless....

I will be in the market soon.....not sure at all what direction I will go. Anybody have any opinions on these topics?

Next one will have a 4 stroke...
    Like the Nitro and the price of Nitro tough to beat...
    Possibility of an newer aluminum rig...
    Avoid Nitro due to trailer issues??....
    Really liking Phoenix as well, but would probably own many brands if the deal was right.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Dogfish_Jones
    What size boat you looking at getting and what type fishing will you be doing?
    If you are just looking at panfishing or fun fishing for anything and you normally fish a small lake or not a crowded lake, I would go aluminum.
    If you are doing the opposite then go glass maybe something in the 19' - 20 ' range.

3. Member
    I am looking hard at a new Falcon F195 when it is time to upgrade my Z7. Or staying Nitro and going with the Z19.

I fish local bass tournaments and would be considering an 18.5 or 19ft. rig. Intrigued by some of the newer aluminum bass setups as a possibility, have to do the comparisons to glass to see if it would be for me
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

5. Banned
    Before I found the deal on the nitro, I was looking real close at the triton txp. Its the exact same thing as the Ranger 198P but rated for a 175. The only other aluminum I would consider is the xpress x19 but not a fan of yamaha.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    I fish local bass tournaments and would be considering an 18.5 or 19ft. rig. Intrigued by some of the newer aluminum bass setups as a possibility, have to do the comparisons to glass to see if it would be for me
    If you fish big / rough water and tournaments i'd stick with glass. The z19 pro package is hard to beat as far as value.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I currently run a 2013 Z9. Liked the layout and stability. Coming from an 19ft Xpress with 200 EFI ,I found that the aluminum boat was fast until I got a couple hull dings 72 or so 25 temp+. It dropped to 65/66. Fast isnt totally my point but it did happen. The ride was kinda wild/fun because so light. To that end it also got blown around in windy conditions. That hull did sit high at the bow when fishing so it caught some wind. Aside from that the aluminum was a great purchase. Xpress makes a tough boat. Fished that rig for 12 yrs. Not really bashing but there is a difference.
    Oh yes and then there’s the price. Personally I’ll never go back. Stability, ride, drift layout. Just my 2 cents.

2013 Z9 250 Pro XS 1B936712
    <'/////>< Tie one on... The knots for life.

8. Member
    Going thru the same thing except I haven't decided whether or not I want to sell the Nitro. I don't fish nearly as much as I used to for a number or reasons including advancing age, losing my fishing buddy a couple of years ago and traveling a lot with the wife in our fifth wheel during prime fishing season. When I do go I prefer a small local lake and I'm really thinking an aluminum is all I need. I've been researching the heck out of aluminum bass boats and reviews are all over the place for Ranger, Lowe, Alumacraft, Tracker, etc. At this moment and subject to change I'm thinking a Tracker 190 or 195 would probably work fine, probably a 190 with a 115.

The premium aluminum would be an Xpress but I don't want to spend the money it takes to get one. A Vexus aluminum would be tempting but also more money. If money is not a factor I think the Vexus has a lot of glass like features. If you are looking at used the late model used ones, no matter what brand or type, seem to priced near the cost of a new one. I would not eliminate a Nitro either.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Going thru the same thing except I haven't decided whether or not I want to sell the Nitro. I don't fish nearly as much as I used to for a number or reasons including advancing age, losing my fishing buddy a couple of years ago and traveling a lot with the wife in our fifth wheel during prime fishing season. When I do go I prefer a small local lake and I'm really thinking an aluminum is all I need. I've been researching the heck out of aluminum bass boats and reviews are all over the place for Ranger, Lowe, Alumacraft, Tracker, etc. At this moment and subject to change I'm thinking a Tracker 190 or 195 would probably work fine, probably a 190 with a 115.

The premium aluminum would be an Xpress but I don't want to spend the money it takes to get one. A Vexus aluminum would be tempting but also more money. If money is not a factor I think the Vexus has a lot of glass like features. If you are looking at used the late model used ones, no matter what brand or type, seem to priced near the cost of a new one. I would not eliminate a Nitro either.
    Going from a 195 to my z20, can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation with my tin rig that I couldn’t do with my new one. Not a ton of real shallow lakes where I live though, Oklahoma may be different.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    I took a look at the new Vexus 1980 before deciding on my Z19. I fished with my buddy that has one. Very well built boat but there were several things that discouraged me. #1 is the boat is more narrow at the front and with rods on the deck there is is not a lot of room. #2 It is painted, so the value of having a boat you can beach or run up against brush without worring about scratches is lost. #3 And you cannot install a keel shield, they won't stick. My buddy tried it and it just peeled off. So no beaching without a scratch. #4 The gunnel design will not take a Loc-R-Bar. I do travel with my boat some and having that gives me piece of mind.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

11. Member
    Derek, hey old Z7 buddy! Man I feel your pain.

Here is my 2 cents. I went from the Z7 to a Phoenix 721, loved it. Sold it earlier this year and bought a center console, that experiment is over. I looked at a Vexus but after finding out about a weld issue, I passed. I am considering a Z19 with a 200 hung on the back. I am doing some homework on it now. I will say that Nitro fit and finish is far better then it was on my 2007-08 Z7. I rode in a Z21 with a buddy and was impressed by the room. We shall see.

Good luck!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34