New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

pictures of my LSS2 will it still work????

was checking the boat over yesterday and crawled underneath and saw this will it affect the performance of the transducer?????? IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3612.JPG haven't used side scan or downscan last time I was out so not sure of performance??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Best I have is "probably". Not familiar with this particular transducer, but in general, the plastic casing is just that. The actual sensor is inside. However, the cracks could great some turbulence/ bubbles that may affect performance. I'd try it before I spent any money to replace.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    will do thursday but was wondering if anybody had any info or knowledge of the way it looks, thanks also since this is for sidescan and downscan the fatest I use it is around 5 mph so maybe bubbles will not be a problem or turbolence
    Last edited by twitch; 10-12-2020 at 06:29 AM.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    When i had my LSS 2, the casing was cracked also but never came off like yours....I would bet that this was a wide spread issue.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I had an LSS2 that cracked as well. I thought maybe it was causing some quality issues so I replaced it. Then I peeled off the plastic case to see... Nothing to see. Simply a plastic shell over the transducer and elements, as stated above. After the fact I'm pretty sure there were no issues operating it in a cracked condition. At least I couldn't see any display quality improvement from old/cracked to shiny/new.

Your's has taken a beating but as long as it works - use it.

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I'm glad that is the case but will know for sure thursday when I put her back on the water and check it out....

7. Member
    Once water got in my LSS2 it was ruined. Lasted on average 240 days a year over 7 years. Lots of them on several web sites including Amazon.

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    well took it out today so far all is good with it,still works without the shell, will just watch it for now and replace if it becomes necessary thanks for everyones imput