Thread: Triton Aluminum

Thumbs Up Triton Aluminum

Is Triton still making aluminum boats? I saw something on this site the other day that makes me ask this. They still have a website and I don't see anything about them being discontinued... But with JM you never know..... After moving Ranger aluminum and maybe stopping RangerTrail trailers...., you just don't know what he will do.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    He will meet consumer demands.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    He will meet consumer demands.
    I guess he meets some of them as long as they don't demand excellent customer service like Ranger used to have.

Your answer does not really add to the question I asked about if they were still making Triton aluminum boats.
    RT188

4. Member
    Well, I cannot speak for what he may or may not do with his company. However, the Triton website list their current model aluminum boats.

https://www.tritonboats.com/aluminum.html

FWIW I've only had to call Ranger one time in the four years I've owned the boat. I thought the service was better than the calls I made back in the 80's and 90's with the other Ranger boats I've owned.

5. Member
    I tried to order the new 19 footer with a 175 pro Xs yesterday and my dealer was having problems with their site so he had to call his triton rep. Was told that they are no longer making them. How do they come out with a new boat and then discontinue it right away? Something fishy here!
    Pool 10

6. Member
    I've been shopping for a Ranger 188 or 198 and they are in very short supply due to moving the manufacturing facility from Flippin, Ar to Lebanon, Mo, which may be common knowledge to everyone but me. I don't know if the Triton tins were also made in Flippin but if they were maybe the thought was Ranger and Tracker were enough. I have never seen a Triton aluminum in the wild but I do see a few Rangers and and numerous Trackers.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I've been shopping for a Ranger 188 or 198 and they are in very short supply due to moving the manufacturing facility from Flippin, Ar to Lebanon, Mo, which may be common knowledge to everyone but me. I don't know if the Triton tins were also made in Flippin but if they were maybe the thought was Ranger and Tracker were enough. I have never seen a Triton aluminum in the wild but I do see a few Rangers and and numerous Trackers.
    Stick with the 198p, you won't regret it...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

8. Member
    Better find one quick if you want a new one. Rumor has it Ranger is following suit and not making many more aluminum models since they've moved into Tracker plant. Tracker will be Johnny's only aluminum option.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    I tried to order the new 19 footer with a 175 pro Xs yesterday and my dealer was having problems with their site so he had to call his triton rep. Was told that they are no longer making them. How do they come out with a new boat and then discontinue it right away? Something fishy here!
    You may have to go with the RT198 if that is the layout that you want, unless you had your heart set on the 175 HP. What a way to ruin your day. I'm sure you were looking forward to ordering the new boat. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    Better find one quick if you want a new one. Rumor has it Ranger is following suit and not making many more aluminum models since they've moved into Tracker plant. Tracker will be Johnny's only aluminum option.
    I don't know where you are getting your "rumors" but that ain't happening. They are selling all the Ranger aluminums they can make. They don't even MANUFACTURE one unless it is already sold....
    Moving the plant was and is a big deal and set schedules back. Plus they are having the best year ever. One reason for Triton is that it is essentially the same boat as the Ranger and sold for less money. That is not true of Tracker except the less money part.

Ranger aluminum will not go anywhere. Everybody expected the Triton phase out. I am surprised it took this long. It was pretty much the same boat as Ranger with a little change cosmetically.
    RT188

11. Member
    Order the 198P
    If you can get a good price
    Essentially the same boat
    The 150 will be plenty fast
    RT188

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Stick with the 198p, you won't regret it...
    I did. Ordered one today.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

13. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Congratulations!

You will love it... Keep us posted
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Congratulations!
    I
    You will love it... Keep us posted
    Will probably be January before I get it. I ordered it with passenger console (makes the wife happy), an Ultrex, jack plate, trailer brakes, RT fishing package, boarding ladder and 2 Garmin 93sv's to be installed by the dealer. I chose white as most of my previous boats have had a generous amount of white. Stays a bit cooler in the summer sun. This is my first aluminum boat. I've always had glass but I'm advancing in age faster than I like and decided to go with something lighter weight and easier for me to maneuver in my garage. I have to bring it in at an angle and then push the nose over to straighten it out. I am coming out of a Nitro Z19 which was a push for me even with it's single axle trailer.
    Jim

15. Banned
    Will probably be January before I get it. I ordered it with passenger console (makes the wife happy), an Ultrex, jack plate, trailer brakes, RT fishing package, boarding ladder and 2 Garmin 93sv's to be installed by the dealer. I chose white as most of my previous boats have had a generous amount of white. Stays a bit cooler in the summer sun. This is my first aluminum boat. I've always had glass but I'm advancing in age faster than I like and decided to go with something lighter weight and easier for me to maneuver in my garage. I have to bring it in at an angle and then push the nose over to straighten it out. I am coming out of a Nitro Z19 which was a push for me even with it's single axle trailer.
    They are that many months behind? Good for them.

16. Member
    My buddy has a 2019 198P that he sent back to Ranger 3 months ago to fix various issues like leaking and running 50 mph tops. He drove to Flippin Ark. Thursday to pick it up. They changed out the prop and jack plate and ground down welds and he ran near 58 when he put her back in the water and for the first time since he bought the boat the auto bilge pump did not come on. He is happy with customer service and he went to a Ranger plant still in Flippin Ark.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    They are that many months behind? Good for them.
    Yes, the move to Lebanon has them backlogged. It is a little scary getting a new boat from a new plant but my dealer is convinced the move is a good thing. They are producing them now and by the time they get to mine hopefully they will have the process down pat. This is my 3rd Ranger. The first 2 were glass boats and never had an issue with either. This is the 2nd boat I have bought from Pro's Choice Marine in Warsaw, Mo. No better folks to deal with anywhere as far as I'm concerned. They have 100 of the Ranger aluminums on order for stock which tells me they must have confidence in them.
    Jim

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingram24 View Post
    My buddy has a 2019 198P that he sent back to Ranger 3 months ago to fix various issues like leaking and running 50 mph tops. He drove to Flippin Ark. Thursday to pick it up. They changed out the prop and jack plate and ground down welds and he ran near 58 when he put her back in the water and for the first time since he bought the boat the auto bilge pump did not come on. He is happy with customer service and he went to a Ranger plant still in Flippin Ark.
    Good for Ranger for taking care of the problem.

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    ......I've always had glass but I'm advancing in age faster than I like and decided to go with something lighter weight and easier for me to maneuver in my garage....
    X2 Brother, X2!

The biggest differences coming from glass is the ride in rough water will be rougher and wetter if you have wind. And she will be a bit more susceptible to wind, but not that it's a show-stopper and the Ultrex will help. Ultrex will be my next investment.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop