Mexico fishing trip help

Looking to book a bass fishing trip to Mexico. Do you guys have any recommendations. Thanks in advance.
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

2. Member
    Anglers Inn or Ron Speed. Both and reputable outfitters and have been in the Mexico bass business for years.

3. Member
    My recommendation.......don’t go. You have too many great fisheries in Tex to risk going to Mexico. If I had no dependents and lived alone I might risk it. Otherwise no way. Do your homework.

4. Member
    Another vote for Angler's Inn at El Salto...fishing was excellent....service and food was even better.
    I did Baccarac years ago (a couple times) with ProBass.....a few more bigger fish caught....but better numbers at
    El Salto, mixed with 7-9 lbers....topped off by phenomenal service and food unmatched.....highly recommend Anglers Inn.

5. Member
    Went to Lake Baccarac Lodge last Nov, great trip, great guides and service. Exceeded all expectations. Went with a group of 18 last year and zero problems. Never felt at risk with anything and would be heading back in 3 weeks but had a scheduling conflict so will be heading back next year.

6. Member
    Nice thanks for the info guys
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

7. Member
    I’ve been to el salto 4 times and baccarac once all with Pro Bass Adventures. I have never once felt afraid or concern for my safety. The people are very welcoming, the food and hospitality is amazing! It’s also pretty scenic to be bass fishing in the mountains. PM me and I’ll give you my phone #. Call with any questions. I love to talk about fishing down there

Haven’t been in a while but anglers inn was fantastic
    2023 ranger 198p

9. Member
    Ive been to El Salto quite a few times. I’d recommend Anglers Inn if you are planning your first trip. EVERYTHING is exceptional and you won’t be disappointed. They are the largest and most popular. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Ron Speed but you have to spend the last night of your trip in Mazatlan which was deal breaker for me just in case of flight changes etc... I actually prefer Probass adventures now that I’m familiar with the lake. They are a smaller outfit than Anglers Inn so everyone doesn’t have to go in for lunch/dinner at the same time. They also have fiberglass Ranger boats vs the aluminum boats at Anglers Inn. The food and service is excellent but it’s more about the fishing than anything else. I’ve never felt the least bit unsafe at El Salto from the time you are picked up at the airport to when you are dropped back off both outfitters go above an beyond to meet your every need. I’ve felt much more uneasy on the Mexican side of Falcon. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

Did Ron Speed to picachos a few years back. Had a blast. Safety was never a concern.

I've been to Lago Vista lodge on Lake Guerrero four times. Had a blast!

2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

12. Member
    Anger's inn, and safety is no concern

13. Member
    I've been to Comedero and Picachos both with Ron Speed and have zero complaints.

Baccarac has the bigguns! been there many times.
    Lake Baccarac Lodge with Terry Hollan

we leave this Wednesday!
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBigBoss View Post
    Baccarac has the bigguns! been there many times.
    Lake Baccarac Lodge with Terry Hollan

we leave this Wednesday!
    This, Wife and I have been two times and had some of the best bass fishing !! My best was 9:2 and my wife caught a 10:11 on a Pop R ..

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    This, Wife and I have been two times and had some of the best bass fishing !! My best was 9:2 and my wife caught a 10:11 on a Pop R ..
    wow even in Ole Mehico' ?
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

17. Will work for baits. Fish.Team.Rose's Avatar
    I went to anglers inn last year with joe thomas and a few buddies. The fishing was amazing. But the service... it was prime. I mean every second. They bendover backwards for you. From the ride, boats, tackle the FOOD, the laundry.

chago is a good guide.
    Keith Rose

In search of what was lost.

18. Member
    Anglers inn at pitacho.everything great.im going again in March.jim sheetz

19. Member
    My wife and I have fished Mexico about 20 times, mostly with Anglers Inn. She took me for my 40th birthday as a "once in a lifetime trip" and it became the best kind of addiction.

Happy to answer any questions. In the meantime, here's a guide we put together that might help. It answers a lot of the most-asked questions:

https://www.halfpastfirstcast.com/el-salto-and-picachos
    Last edited by Pete Robbins; 10-15-2020 at 08:37 AM.