2019 250 4 stroke

Having issues with throttle hanging wide open the gas pedal comes back up but motor surges and you have to cut the key off then it goes back to normal has anyone had any issues like this?

2. Member
    See the 4-stroke forum 3 below this one, be sure include engine serial number (required when posting) - Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Moving thread to the 4-stroke Forum (correct forum).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Are you sure it’s returning to neutral or zero position at the pedal? May need a new spring or the “stem” on the cable might need some grease on it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

Had a similiar issue on an 2 stroke Pro Xs, it was the cable on my hotfoot.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Guys just got it back from shop they said it was a default bracket on engine bad thing is its on back order until November sometime they hope. They said do not run engine until it gets fixed its hard to do when I have tournaments coming up.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please provide the Engine Serial Number and see if you can get the correct name (or part number) of the component you need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor