Livescope Upgrade Options

With Garmin Livescope leading the market in real time sonar it appears it will be some time until competition and Garmin release next upgrades. At least next spring at the earliest is my guess. Also how much of an improvement it will be is a question.

In looking at some other posts it appears some ( pros and others) are using the HBird 360 and now Mega and Livescope to find structure, locate fish and target them with Livescope. Others, not as many apparently, say the best set up is both perspective and forward vue and that requires two Livescopes.

Both add up $$$$ quickly and ease of use IMHO will win. Plus this is no guarantee that the fish will bite :)

For fishing less
    than 5’ or 10’ of water, I was wondering if anyone was using a LV12 and LV32 setup for forward vue and perspective. In shallow water the LVS12 appears to show ~4’ deep 5’ in front of you. LV12 is compatible with Ultra. LVS12 is 1/3 the cost of LVS32. In shallow water the LVS12 appears sufficient for this set up.

Couple of questions for the Garmin reps or testers:

1. Does the LVS12 xdcr use the pre-perspective mode software ?
    2. Can someone show a lvs 12 and lvs 32 setup and videos/photos?
    3. It’s my understanding
    the Ultra and 86xx have two Ethernet ports so you can show both lvs12 forward vue and lvs32 perspective view. How big a screen is needed for this to be usable? Or are 2 screens needed?
    4. Any idea when a 9” version of ultra will be released?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    1. Since the LVS12 plugs directly to the plug on back of unit I'd guess it does. There is no box to have software besides the head unit.

3. Not a rep or testers but the LVS12 connects direct to back of unit on the Ultra or 8600 models. The LVS32 is done via e-port.

4. The 9" version of the Ultra is the Echomap Plus unit.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 10-11-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS