Thread: Spartanburg, sc

Spartanburg, sc

Hello everyone. I'm from massachusetts and I'm relocating to spartanburg sc. Will be down there first week of November. I was wondering if I can get some info on weather I will be able to fish all year. Up here in north we winterize our boats from November til April. I'm just curious if I need to winterize down there as well or if I will be lucky enough to fish all year. It looks like all the big lakes will be within an hour or so from us.
    Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Freeze a bunch of pizzas before you come down. Yes you can fish year round just dress accordingly. No need to winterize your motor. You'll get a few days where it will boarder 32* and you may see some skim ice in coves but no hard water. Coming from Warren you'll get some culture shock for sure.

3. Member
    Yes I'm sure I will get a culture shock. Between all the taxes and nonsense in new england we had enough. I will definitely be different being able to fish year around.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Why may I ask have you decided on Sparkleburg? Asking for a friend formerly from Hampden county.

5. Member
    I’m 45 minutes from you. Your gonna be a hour from a lot of good fisheries. Check out hartwell, Clark’s hill, Greenwood, Murray, secession and smallmouth in Jocassee. Some of those lakes are a bit further then a hour but still not to far.

6. Member
    The main reason is we wanted to move to South Carolina. I ended up getting transfered to spartanburg. We sold our house in massachusetts and renting a house in spartanburg until we get settled and either buy or build. The cost difference from massachusetts to South Carolina doesn't even compare. South Carolina a whole lot cheaper and cost of living lot more reasonable

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt28 View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm from massachusetts and I'm relocating to spartanburg sc. Will be down there first week of November. I was wondering if I can get some info on weather I will be able to fish all year. Up here in north we winterize our boats from November til April. I'm just curious if I need to winterize down there as well or if I will be lucky enough to fish all year. It looks like all the big lakes will be within an hour or so from us.
    Thanks
    we haven’t had winter down here in over 12 years lol fish year around all you want. And as someone else said you are within an hour drive of some good fisheries. South Carolina is my most favorite state to fish in the southeast. Many diverse lakes within its 4 walls.

8. Member
    Yes, you can fish all year. I live on Lake Keowee which is another good option for you - especially in the late fall and early winter. Lake Wylie is not that far from you either.

9. Member
    Look for highs around 65 degrees in Nov and early Dec. It doesn't get cold until February and that lasts about 3-4 weeks.

We consider 28 at night and 50 in the day cold weather.