Thread: McClure mid Nov

Thumbs Up McClure mid Nov

Wife and I will be there for a few days, 21-25, just wondering what that locals are doing as far as fish catching go... I know the marina and carolina rigs, but other parts of the lake. Been 2 yrs since we've been there... M31 is the spot if you would like to come by and say hi...

2. Member
    Up river toward Bagby. Always lots of fish up there. Throw a drop shot or Ned rig
    Native Titan 10.5 Kayak

Lake is very low right now and a lot of fish are suspended. There's a lot of small fish being caught. Poppers and jerk baits early and drop shot and t-rigs later in the day. Keep a med crank handy and throw it on occasion. Darter heads with shad grubs work also.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Banned
    Might not be able to launch by then. It's my understanding that only McClure Point south ramp is open. We'll be coming in on the 25th for the holiday weekend.

5. Member
    For the best information on Mclure, contact Ryan Cook. He is the MAN at Mclure!! He is on face book.

6. Member
    thanks guys, regardless of lake level, still going.. wife is a teacher, has been home since Feb, and needs to get out of here.... there is always Don Pedro
    thanks for the contact info donmuffy, sent him a message at FB

7. Member
    Was there two weeks ago for an event and the fishing was very difficult. I think 5 fish bag was like 8 pounds. Big fish was like 1.5. A TON of bait balls, but nothing hiding under them. Guys are drop shooting 80-120' to pick up some small fish. I think even the pros only caught 5 fish the whole day. I think once it gets a bit colder it will get better and more consistent. Pedro has been hammering them. check out Ryan Cook as a great source for Mother Lode lakes as he fishes them daily.