Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Anti-Reverse bearing replacement...

I have an Abu Garcia UC4600C that is mint aside from the fact that instead of no handle play, the handle reels backwards! Is this a simple fix with a new anti-reverse bearing? If so, what part number do I need and how easy is it to slide that bearing out? Please let me know any advice that you have. Thank you and best wishes on the water!

2. Member
    You can get the bearing from most places that sell abu parts and/or bearing and drag upgrades. I do not have a parts list on my PC anymore but that should be a pretty common part that you should be able to readily find. As far a pressing them in I have used a few different size sockets and a vice to do the job. One to support the sideplate and the other to use to drive the bearing. An arbor press would be better but the vice will do the job but you do not have as much feel in the mechanism so you want to make sure you do not over do it. I have done similar jobs at work using a hammer to drive the socket before so maybe that is an option.

3. Member
    I have bought parts from these guys before. Google search was easy. https://www.dadsoletackle.com/abu-ga...n-instant.html

It looks like they will press it for you if you send in the sideplate.

4. Member
    Here is my go to guy for all things ABU round reels...Jerry Foran

5. Member
    Is there perhaps any debris in the AR bearing? Did this issue start just recently, does it have grease on it and getting cold in you location? Give the AR a good cleaning in an ultrasonic before buying a new one, you may be pleasantly surprised (when you reassemble, some say very little light oil some say no but for sure... NO GREASE!).
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S