10/10/2020 report.

We went to a nice small electric only lake this morning. We got there 6:20ish still pretty dark at that time. First thing we noticed was how low the water was! Like 3-4ft lol. This lake is the city water supply so that’s the main reason but the lack of rain hurts to. I back up to the ramp and get stuff un strapped and go look at the water and can see the end of the concrete ramp, great looks like a 10” drop off at the end of the concrete.... I can see were guys have spun out with there trucks trying to pull out.. we decided to drop a bunch of rocks behind the tires so not to drop off so bad and that worked out great. We noticed a lot of fish sharking and jumping as we were doing construction on the ramp still really dark to. Now on the water I can see a row of trees that I know are usually under water so that’s were I started with a buzz bait. Got one right away 15”er friend sticks one on a spinner bait 15” I switch to a black 110 WP and that bait I got 4/5 nice keeper with nothing over 2 1/2lb but really fun. We noticed that you had to run the bait really close to the structure to get a bite. We stayed there till about 8 just running the brush line. It was in 4-6ft of water. We noticed there was still a lot of fish in the middle jumping witch I don’t see much around here. We made are way to those spots and I could see on my graft lots on bait. Pretty sure the bass were under the bait and would push them to the top and eat. We tried to catch some of those bass because they looked desent but no luck with anything we tried. We moved to the dam next, no bites on top water but got couple dinks with a rock crawler, then went down the other side nothing going on that side ( about 9:30 now) we fished all the way to the upper end with really nothing going Lol. Finally my friend got a monster cat fish on a blade bait!! It was at least 10lbs we saw it few times but it finally pulled off at the boat before we could net it. Bummer that might have been his pb cat fish. At this point we were now at the brush line again. I grab a 5xd crank and make a few cast and get hung up, get it un snagged make another cast to a open spot in the brush reel down feel branch let off then reel again and boom bigger fish I can tell, get it in the boat and it is a 3.14lb biggest bass of the day. We keep fish till 11:30 and never really get much else. We had a great morning to fish the weather was perfect the trees really pretty I just wish I didn’t have to work 5 days to fish again. So how about the rest of you guys any reports? (Water temp 64*)
    548E15C2-D7C6-4347-BFC7-4C69EF96BCE4.jpeg

Well, thanks for the report on the water level. I thought about going for a drive out East, but I don’t thing it would be any fun trying to get it back on the trailer. Should have tied a crappie jig on, that “pond” is a great crappie pit

3. Member
    Hey thanks yeah I really enjoy reading other peoples reports so I figured I just start doing some of my own. I actually did pull out my ultralight when I saw all those fish on the graft. I got few 6”/7” crappie I think if we wanted to stay with that we could have found a few nicer ones too. We also caught 4 10” walleye as well.... the other lake in town didn’t look quite as low and I would think that concrete ramp would go father back? If we didn’t see how bad that drop off was and didn’t put rocks back there it would not have been much fun. �� that will be a good lesson for me that’s the first time I’ve ever seen that, heard guys talk about it but now I really know to watch out when the water gets low.

4. Banned
    Camped at Prairie Rose and had a typical weekend at that lake. Lots of 12-14" with a handful of 15-17" fish. Had a 4lbr hit a crank at the boat and somehow didn't get a hook in it. Found a school off a jetty one morning and put 14 fish in the boat in 20 casts