simulator vs real world?

New to Garmin, was at BPS comparing the 93SV & the 106SV. The Live Scope simulator was amazingly detailed on both units, does that compare at all with the real world? I've looked at some of the posted vids but not sure if they were made with the newest stuff that's out there. Thanks
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    I personally think simulator mode would be best case scenario, real world water quality etc play a role in what your screen shows you.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    I personally think simulator mode would be best case scenario, real world water quality etc play a role in what your screen shows you.
    I agree with this post. Go on YouTube and check out the many different videos to get a variety of settings and water quality to see real world.

4. Member
    On several of the lakes that I fish the simulator mode is pretty reflective on how my units preform. When I get bored sitting around the house, I use the simulator mode a good bit in my garage to keep refreshed in my mind how the "little adjustments etc" work. I think a lot of the reasons people might not get the most out of their units is they don't make the on the water adjustments when conditions change. Another possible reason is the installation. I had my system installed by a factory trained marine electronics shop. That was worth the extra money in my opinion. Keep in mind the object of livescope is to show you actual fish. If its not as a pretty picture as you were hoping but still showing them, I think the system is doing what you paid for. The previous posts are correct that Garmin, Hummingbird, Lowrance etc are going to give you the best picture their units could hope to display in their simulator modes.

I'd say it's towards the top of the spectrum and misleading based on a lot of the fish are like 36+" long vs a 20" bass. But the structure and trees are spot on with most of my experience. I may have a few more "artifacts " since my water is all algae.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089