2018 Crestliner pt18

Need some help. I bought a 2018 Crestliner pt18 with a 150 mercury 4 stroke (not pro xs). It came with a 21p solas 3 blade prop on it and at full trim I’m only able to spin 5000 rpms and run 50. I am puttin a 6” manual jackplate on it. But was wondering what prop any of y’all are running on this boat. It calls for a 19p tempest plus 3 blade but before I spend 600 bucks on prop was wondering anyone had better luck running something else or even if a 4 blade would help. Also only able to get about 1/4 trim top before proposing starts. At wot trimmed down I’m only getting 4600 rpms running about 45-46 mph

How low or what hole is your engine mounted to on the transom? Put the new jack plate on and raise the engine some, but watch your water pressure. There will be a point where the engine is high enough that it wont lift the front of your boat well and that is too high. Also, the higher your engine is raised, it will shorten the amount of usable trim you have before it falls on its face. I wouldnt buy a prop just yet. If you can pick up 500 rpm's from the jack plate and new engine height, then a 20" prop might be perfect instead of a 19." 1000 RPM's is a lot to make up though. The engine should spin up in the 5800+ range trimmed out and boat loaded to keep it making power in its peak range, to keep the load off of it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    How low or what hole is your engine mounted to on the transom? Put the new jack plate on and raise the engine some, but watch your water pressure. There will be a point where the engine is high enough that it wont lift the front of your boat well and that is too high. Also, the higher your engine is raised, it will shorten the amount of usable trim you have before it falls on its face. I wouldnt buy a prop just yet. If you can pick up 500 rpm's from the jack plate and new engine height, then a 20" prop might be perfect instead of a 19." 1000 RPM's is a lot to make up though. The engine should spin up in the 5800+ range trimmed out and boat loaded to keep it making power in its peak range, to keep the load off of it.

thats what I’m hoping with the jackplate if it give me 500 I should be where I wanna be. Right now motor is in top hole so it is as low as can get but will blow out some when turning sharp

4. Member
    I think you probably just want to raise the motor a couple of holes and accept that you have to bump the trim down to make sharp turns.

5. Member
    I'm having the same issue with blowing out on turns on my RT188. I run a Laser II 20" 3 blade. I tried a buddies X7 19" 4 blade this weekend and it was better but still blew out. My RPM's are 5800 max trim and WOT on both.

Like TK said might just be something we have to deal with.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib View Post
    I'm having the same issue with blowing out on turns on my RT188. I run a Laser II 20" 3 blade. I tried a buddies X7 19" 4 blade this weekend and it was better but still blew out. My RPM's are 5800 max trim and WOT on both.

Like TK said might just be something we have to deal with.

I fine with that I just want my rpms’s where they should be and full trim at wot I should be turning more than 5k

7. Member
    I have a 2019 PT-18, Hands down the best fishing platform in a aluminum boat. Granted they are not speed demons by any means, I can get mine to bump 50 MPH on a good day. Granted mine does have 2 8Ft Poles and 3 31' series batteries. I am running a 19 Pitch tempest plus and its running right at 6K on the tach. I just need a smidge more bow lift out of mine, But other than that its set up decent.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX20Harris View Post
    I have a 2019 PT-18, Hands down the best fishing platform in a aluminum boat. Granted they are not speed demons by any means, I can get mine to bump 50 MPH on a good day. Granted mine does have 2 8Ft Poles and 3 31' series batteries. I am running a 19 Pitch tempest plus and its running right at 6K on the tach. I just need a smidge more bow lift out of mine, But other than that its set up decent.
    are you running a jackplate. I’m not real worried about the speed I’m fine with 50 I just want my rpms up where around the 5600-5800 range. I bout mine used and it came with a 21 pitch solas lexur prop. So I’m hoping with the jackplate and maybe new prop I can get into that range and maybe gain little speed. But your right it is hands down a great fishing platform

9. Member
    Ran it today with jp on it and boy what a difference. Getting 57-5800 wot full trim now which is up from 5000 and now running 53 instead of barely gettin 50