Thread: 2016 200 HO

2016 200 HO

My water pressure gaugestarted reading zero yesterday as I was heading back to the landing. Normally runs about 35 pounds WOT. possibly trashed sucked in? Motor still pissin. Motor temp between 145-155 even when I planed it off and was running.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Check for a leak in the wp line....wet spots in boat or water in bilge. It could also be leaking under the cowl.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Check for a leak in the wp line....wet spots in boat or water in bilge. It could also be leaking under the cowl.
    Thanks, will do

4. Member
    Which gauge? Digital or analog? Which engine - G1 or G2? Bassmeister is right But there are other potential things to look at based on the gauge type.
    Last edited by bighare; 10-11-2020 at 06:23 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    Which gauge? Digital or analog? Which engine - G1 or G2? Bassmeister is right But there are other potential things to look at based on the gauge type.
    Both gauges and its a G2 motor.
    I'm taking it out this morning after flushing it thoroughly at the house

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Well time seems to fly....I didn't think the G2 came out til 17........Listen to Bighare....I'm a old boob with a short memory....

7. Member
    G2 was launched in 2014 200HO - 300 and 2016 for 150hp - 200hp and 2019 for the I3 115HO- 150

8. Member
    So you say you have one analog gauge using a typical hose feeding water pressure to the back of the gauge and you Have a digital gauge of some brand using a wp transducer on a NMEA 2000 network display? Highly unusual, don’t know how this would be accomplished since there is only one fitting area on the power head to connect to water pressure, and you have been using it for 4 years. So something has been working.
    More detail about the system would be appreciated. We also must have the engine model number

9. Member
    So you say you have one analog gauge using a typical hose feeding water pressure to the back of the gauge and you Have a digital gauge of some brand using a wp transducer on a NMEA 2000 network display? Highly unusual, don’t know how this would be accomplished since there is only one fitting area on the power head to connect to water pressure, and you have been using it for 4 years. So something has been working.
    More detail about the system would be appreciated. We also must have the engine model number
    Well what I'm saying is I have the usual dash meter that shows psi but its also connected to my graphs and my evinrude smart craft gauge. I can see it in 3 different places, but im not sure if it was registering anywhere but the on the dash. The boat is new to me. The temp never gets over 155. Is that high? I'll have to give you the model number when I get home.

10. Member
    Its only the second time I really got to run the boat. The psi was at 37 pounds wot all day.

11. Member
    What Evinrude gauge do you have? What does it look like? There are 4 different Evinrude ICON digital displays.
    what was the color of the numbers in the EV gauge when the pressure was working? Black or gray. What color were the numbers when the pressure Stopped working? Black or Gray.. the color is a clue where the problem might be.....
    Just so you know “smart craft” is a mercury outboard gauge.

12. Member
    What Evinrude gauge do you have? What does it look like? There are 4 different Evinrude ICON digital displays.
    what was the color of the numbers in the EV gauge when the pressure was working? Black or gray. What color were the numbers when the pressure Stopped working? Black or Gray.. the color is a clue where the problem might be.....
    Just so you know “smart craft” is a mercury outboard gauge.
    20201015_141040.jpg

13. Member
    That one and the one on the dash. Both read zero. Numbers on the one in the pic are black just reading zero

14. Member
    Ok no we are getting somewhere. That is the New Nautilus gauge. Black number means the digital signal is working from the engine wp transducer. So this means water is not getting to the transducer. The hose from the fitting on the block to the fitting on the transducer has come off or there is a blockage at the fittings or in the Hose. Doubtful flushing may fix it..
    37 psi is acceptable

15. Member
    Ok no we are getting somewhere. That is the New Nautilus gauge. Black number means the digital signal is working from the engine wp transducer. So this means water is not getting to the transducer. The hose from the fitting on the block to the fitting on the transducer has come off or there is a blockage at the fittings or in the Hose. Doubtful flushing may fix it..
    37 psi is acceptable
    Ok im gunna check first thing in the morning and get back with you on here. Thank you for your help

16. Member
    37 psi is acceptable
    Thats was the only problem man thanks for your help!

17. Member
    You are welcome and happy to hear the solution was easy to correct.