Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    The question is.
    A Born
    B Chosen
    Pick A or B

2. Banned
    B. for sure the way you have framed the question, but you really need to soak up what has been said.

3. Member
    Interesting Dig.........................who do you think the author of Romans was referencing in Romans 1 ?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    The question is.
    A Born
    B Chosen
    Pick A or B

rexico, I am not understanding your question. Can you please provide more information . Thanks
    Last edited by godsdozer; 10-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

5. Member
    It would help me if you guys, would be more direct. I would like to know what YOU think, not "read the Bible" I am aware of that option. I would like your opinion.
    A.Born
    B.Chose

rexico, sorry I didn't see this post................................Now I think I understand your question. Ill be as direct as I can be when I answer this. Thanks

Here is something I will leave you with.

Rexico, I am not saying you are guilty of this because I do not know your heart.

A complex question, trick question, multiple question or plurium interrogationum (Latin, 'of many questions') is a question that has a presupposition that is complex. The presupposition is a proposition that is presumed to be acceptable to the respondent when the question is asked. The respondent becomes committed to this proposition when he gives any direct answer. The presupposition is called "complex" because it is a conjunctive proposition, a disjunctive proposition, or a conditional proposition. It could also be another type of proposition that contains some logical connective in a way that makes it have several parts that are component propositions.[1]
    Complex questions can but do not have to be fallacious, as in being an informal fallacy.[
    Last edited by godsdozer; 10-12-2020 at 09:54 PM.

6. Member
    This is what I mean................. 1. The bible states we are born sinners. 2. The bible states we choose to sin

Hope you understand why your question to the readers is somewhat complicated.

I will pray for the young man . Do you think he put something on his parking space to say the bible is wrong on homosexuality? Or what do you think his intentions were ?

8. Member
    The question is.
    A Born
    B Chosen
    Pick A or B
    We are all born into sin with a sin nature. The seed of every sin lies within every human heart. All humans are capable of every sin, but not every sin takes root. The sin that takes root in me may look different than the sin that takes root in you, but we all struggle. So in a sense it is born in us. Also, we are held accountable to our sin because we weren’t forced to do it, but we chose it. So is homosexuality born in us or chosen? I’d say both. Just as murder, gluttony, lies, stealing, pride, etc.

9. Banned
    My guess is, that not one response will be
    A. Born
    B. Chose.
    Always another question, or a bible verse, or an attack on the question..... How do you "look for the wrong answser"?

You cannot offend me and I'll try not to offend You (the "other me") Confirm this query is regarding sex or more specifically, 'homosexual sex' ? Is this Self 'born' a homosexual or did this Self 'choose' to be 'homosexual'?

reminder: Worship = war ship

*I agree typing 'we are all sinners' is a "blanket statement" and disingenuous at best especially One seeking the wisdom of the Magi and connecting to the Divine...

10. Member
    It would help me if you guys, would be more direct. I would like to know what YOU think, not "read the Bible" I am aware of that option. I would like your opinion.
    A.Born
    B.Chose
    Why does it matter to you what we think???
    Are you writing a dissertation on what our OPINIONS (a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge) reflect???

You say that you are aware of learning what GOD says and wants, but your statements clearly show that your have no desire to truly learn anything of what GOD or Christ wants of you. (when they knew God, they glorified him not as God)
    Perhaps, if you would have taken the time to read Romans as suggested, not only would you have GOD's answer to your questions, but how worthless is man's opinion to GOD.

Men's opinions a subjective, for even the best man is but a man at best.
    Last edited by digthemup; 10-13-2020 at 10:23 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS723 View Post
    We are all born into sin with a sin nature. The seed of every sin lies within every human heart. All humans are capable of every sin, but not every sin takes root. The sin that takes root in me may look different than the sin that takes root in you, but we all struggle. So in a sense it is born in us. Also, we are held accountable to our sin because we weren’t forced to do it, but we chose it. So is homosexuality born in us or chosen? I’d say both. Just as murder, gluttony, lies, stealing, pride, etc.
    A very sensible statement, yet clearly still an OPINION (a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge).

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    You cannot offend me and I'll try not to offend You (the "other me") Confirm this query is regarding sex or more specifically, 'homosexual sex' ? Is this Self 'born' a homosexual or did this Self 'choose' to be 'homosexual'?

reminder: Worship = war ship

*I agree typing 'we are all sinners' is a "blanket statement" and disingenuous at best especially One seeking the wisdom of the Magi and connecting to the Divine...
    Romans 1 :
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
    24 ¶ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
    25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    26 ¶ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

This kinda pokes some holes in your "blanket statement", or maybe it was the cat you show in your picture.

13. Member
    The question is.
    A Born
    B Chosen
    Pick A or B
    Romans 1 :

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    23 and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
    25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

14. Banned
    And where did You find Romans 1 in which text? That was a little bit further along where the One seeking the answer didn't want a 'blanket statement' as 'it's in the Bible' ...

Too busy typing and NOT reading?

The Tao Te Ching which predates the Bible has a little bit in it that reads 'the one who KNOWS does not talk; the One who talks does not know..' I'm certain Lao Tzu would not mind if You switched it to 'type' from 'talk' ...

Your play Sir

15. Member
    I believe that my answer is much more specific than' it's in the Bible'

Further, I could care less of Tao Te Ching, but I do wonder if he was related to Mao Tse tung or Ho Chi Minh. The later I know of them, but it is a shame that during their time I never got the call to put a tag on them.

BTW, for your enlightenment, the answer to your question is KJV/NKJV.
    Don't forget to feed your cat!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I believe that my answer is much more specific than' it's in the Bible'

Further, I could care less of Tao Te Ching, but I do wonder if he was related to Mao Tse tung or Ho Chi Minh. The later I know of them, but it is a shame that during their time I never got the call to put a tag on them.

BTW, for your enlightenment, the answer to your question is KJV/NKJV.
    Yipers, that doesn't read like the Love of Jesus, holy mackerel!!

17. Banned
    I may have been to direct, but I never get a direct answer.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Yipers, that doesn't read like the Love of Jesus, holy mackerel!!
    Remember, Jesus Christ is my Saviour and my Lord, but in NO WAY I am he.

BTW, mackerels are not holy, but somewhat oily when broiled.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Why does it matter to you what we think???
    Are you writing a dissertation on what our OPINIONS (a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge) reflect???

You say that you are aware of learning what GOD says and wants, but your statements clearly show that your have no desire to truly learn anything of what GOD or Christ wants of you. (when they knew God, they glorified him not as God)
    Perhaps, if you would have taken the time to read Romans as suggested, not only would you have GOD's answer to your questions, but how worthless is man's opinion to GOD.

Men's opinions a subjective, for even the best man is but a man at best.
    That "Ole" anger is showing up again. Should I assume that you are a good representative of Gods word and he is speaking thru you?

20. Banned
    Rexico do you think your question has been answered?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast