Resurrecting some old and odd jigs

Working on a mold right now to resurrect some discontinued or hard to find jigheads. Have a Mann's stone jig in 3/8, Imakatsu Mogulla jig in 1/2oz, a SK structure jig (not sure of the weight it was given to me) and if I can find it again a Glamour shad jighead.

What would everyone like to see brought back from the discontinued grave?

Allen

I say, Don't try and copy........ Make the best. You have the capability more than anyone...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I say, Don't try and copy........ Make the best. You have the capability more than anyone...
    I like to take baits apart to see how they are made and how to improve them. The Stone jig I am going to make out of nostalgia just because it is the jig I learned on. Others I am just using as reference to make my own baits.

Allen

4. Member
    I have some old "Brawley Bass Bug " jigs / heads circa mid 70's . As far as I'm aware these were the first "Live Rubber " jigs on the market and they were very popular out west . Yes there are superior jig head designs out today after decades of refinement but it is nostalgia for me too as they were the first jigs I ever caught a bass on . The earliest models only came in two sizes 3/8's and 5/8 's oz. After analyzing this old "primitive" head design I discovered it had a rocking action characteristic when crawled across the bottom just like today's popular football head . Truth be told the football head design is just about as old as the Brawley head .

5. Member
    I used to catch a lot of bass on the old strike king bootlegger. Seems like that head came through cover really well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    I used to catch a lot of bass on the old strike king bootlegger. Seems like that head came through cover really well.
    Do you have a picture of one?

Allen

I still have stone jigs and did really well with them but other jig may have worked also They seem to work well in the weeds for me

8. Member
    I still Have about a dozen each of the 3/8oz. and 1/2oz and still use them. Great all around jig that works well in any cover especially grass. Skips good too.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
    I still Have about a dozen each of the 3/8oz. and 1/2oz and still use them. Great all around jig that works well in any cover especially grass. Skips good too.
    Stone Jigs? I am looking for a 1/2oz head.

Allen

10. Member
    Yes. I may have a 3/4oz. as well.

11. Moderator
    I have a 1/2oz one i think. Mann's Stone Jig, winner 2003 Bassmasters Classic.