Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12V 50ah lithium with Bluetooth for $369

https://www.fuelzero.com/category-s/150.htm. A lot more players with the solar and off the grid companies

SOME PRICES HAVE DROPPED AND I HAVE NOT UPDATED THE PRICES
    Last edited by bassdge; 11-29-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: prices dropping

2. Member
    Lithium Pros now has their 12v 50 ah for $399
    https://www.lithiumpros.com/shop/?fw...fwp_volts=12-8

3. Member
    AIMS 12v 50ah lithium with Bluetooth $449
    https://www.aimscorp.net/aims-power/
    they have it for $399 on Amazon
    Last edited by bassdge; 10-09-2020 at 10:19 PM.

4. Member
    Dakato 12v 54ah $499 and prices drop based upon number you purchase
    https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...motor-battery/

5. Member

6. Member
    Amped Outdoors has their 60 amp battery for $359.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Amped Outdoors has their 60 amp battery for $359.
    https://ampedoutdoors.com/collection...series-capable

8. Member
    This may be stupid, but how would these compare to a 105ah agm battery? I was planning on getting the Duracell marine batteries from Sam's for my TM.

EDIT: Ok, I did some searching, someone correct me if I am wrong.

So a 105ah AGM battery is good for 50% of its capacity in normal use so I could get 52.5ah of useful capacity and a 60ah lithium (LiFEPO4) would be good for 80% of its capacity for 48ah. If that is the case I am going to pick up a couple of the amped batteries. No tax and no core really make this even out even more.
    Last edited by kcinnick; 10-10-2020 at 10:09 PM.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    This may be stupid, but how would these compare to a 105ah agm battery? I was planning on getting the Duracell marine batteries from Sam's for my TM.

EDIT: Ok, I did some searching, someone correct me if I am wrong.

So a 105ah AGM battery is good for 50% of its capacity in normal use so I could get 52.5ah of useful capacity and a 60ah lithium (LiFEPO4) would be good for 80% of its capacity for 48ah. If that is the case I am going to pick up a couple of the amped batteries. No tax and no core really make this even out even more.

Just need a proper charger though.

10. Member
    I now have a MK 345 PC charger. I have heard that this is not the best way to charge lithium. What would I need for a charger? I have been thinking about getting lithium for electronics and lighting.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    I now have a MK 345 PC charger. I have heard that this is not the best way to charge lithium. What would I need for a charger? I have been thinking about getting lithium for electronics and lighting.
    Enough reports says the PC will be fine. Just don't pay attention to the status LED until it says done charging

12. Member
    Well you mention SAMs Club batteries. I have 3 wet cell 31s that are great and cost $94 each. You could buy three for the price of one lithium. Change them all out every two years and you finally get to the cost of the lithium batteries after 6 years.

13. Member
    And for me, my troller batteries last about three years, so, strictly from an economic viewpoint, it makes no sense. However, I can see other advantages that others appreciate, such as weight savings, increased hole shot, better boat performance, less fuel, not having to charge each time out, quick charging, battery apps on the phone, etc.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Well you mention SAMs Club batteries. I have 3 wet cell 31s that are great and cost $94 each. You could buy three for the price of one lithium. Change them all out every two years and you finally get to the cost of the lithium batteries after 6 years.
    I won't have batteries that I have to maintain on my boat. I don't have them anywhere else, no sense having them on a new boat. AGM 31 is $180 +$27 core + $18 tax gets me to $225, Paying $369 for a battery that is lighter and lasts longer seems reasonable. I also like the fact that I can salvage some space under my console, that is prime real estate to me.

15. Member
    Lithium costs will continue to drop as more players enter the market. Most are manufactured by the same company anyway

16. Banned
    Comparing a lead acid battery to a lithium battery is like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari. They both do the same thing just one of them does it 10 thousand times better in every way. Nothing wrong with the lead acid until you use a lithium. I will never run a lead acid/AGM battery again... 3 years ago I was the guy saying WTF $800 for a battery your crazy! Prices have come down and they are a true game changer. Still have AGM for my cranking but I run a Yamaha so...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Comparing a lead acid battery to a lithium battery is like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari. They both do the same thing just one of them does it 10 thousand times better in every way. Nothing wrong with the lead acid until you use a lithium. I will never run a lead acid/AGM battery again... 3 years ago I was the guy saying WTF $800 for a battery your crazy! Prices have come down and they are a true game changer. Still have AGM for my cranking but I run a Yamaha so...

just curious, why are they 10 thousand times better? Just curious about that statement.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    just curious, why are they 10 thousand times better? Just curious about that statement.
    you don’t believe a Ferrari is 10 thousands times better than a civic...?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    you don’t believe a Ferrari is 10 thousands times better than a civic...?
    Depends on how you quantify better.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Depends on how you quantify better.
    Fair enough ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast