Banned

Any suggestions for mixing gel coat?

I've sprayed it about ten times but always had the factory send me the color.
    Someone backed into my trailer and the Triton factory says they don't have the color any longer or a fender for that matter.
    The guy who backed into me insurance paid to have the fender painted instead of gel. I'd rather have gel.
    Any suggestions on mixing the color?
    Pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    get an instint color book from gel supplier then pick out the closest to what you have. Or if you know how to tint color real good you can get neutral gel and a sampler pigment kit and make it yourself. Not too many painters can do it.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    get an instint color book from gel supplier then pick out the closest to what you have. Or if you know how to tint color real good you can get neutral gel and a sampler pigment kit and make it yourself. Not too many painters can do it.
    I've tinted for years on my old mixing machine but that was auto paint.

I'll check out the gel tint kits thanks! Shouldn't be real hard it's a sold color.

Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    I've sprayed it about ten times but always had the factory send me the color.
    Someone backed into my trailer and the Triton factory says they don't have the color any longer or a fender for that matter.
    The guy who backed into me insurance paid to have the fender painted instead of gel. I'd rather have gel.
    Any suggestions on mixing the color?
    Pics below.
    who is the insurance? Call them back and tell them you want it priced for gel.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greens1098 View Post
    who is the insurance? Call them back and tell them you want it priced for gel.
    They won't do it because of the age of the trailer.
    Either way I'll walk with 3400 and fix it myself.
    Ok I got it pretty close. This is just tint without gel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    They won't do it because of the age of the trailer.
    Either way I'll walk with 3400 and fix it myself.
    Ok I got it pretty close. This is just tint without gel.
    That looks good. Looks like you have done some tinting in your life. I’d be pretty pissed If an adjuster came in our shop and argued because of the age we’re doing something different than what was originally there.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

That looks good. Should be good with some gel, I always use a piece of glass to get true color and/or put the mix strait on the part I’m matching to....this is before MEKP of course as it can be wiped clean.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    That looks good. Should be good with some gel, I always use a piece of glass to get true color and/or put the mix strait on the part I’m matching to....this is before MEKP of course as it can be wiped clean.
    Thanks, yeah when I'm ready to do the repairs I'll do that.

As far as the insurance. To be honest, there's more money in the claim the way he did it lol so I didn't argue. It's was the other guys insurance so I said screw it let him make a high estimate.