Thread: ZXR20 vs FXR20

ZXR20 vs FXR20

Never owned a Skeeter but I really like the ZXR20 minus the front deck lids being a little non conventional. Do these boats have the same hull? Same carpet ounce weight? Are speeds similar? Does ZXR2 live well have separate fill pumps or just one pump to fill? Finally, why would someone buy the FXR over the ZXR?

2. Member
    For me the deck layout is why I bought the FXR...I do not like the team layout at all. The FXR also has a little more fluff like touch switches etc...

3. Member
    The ZXR has the same running surface as the 2020 FXR. I am happy to run both, it all depends on if I have a buyer already lined up before I order my new boat. Why I would chose the FXR over the ZXR: #1 reason is 4 livewell pumps. Up north in rough water full of smallmouth, it is a big bonus to be able to pump in twice as much water. Already comes with 2 power poles. Full padded front deck. Jump switch in the battery compartment. GARBAGE CAN!!!!LOL. Better cooler lid. Radio and 2 12"s. All that to me is worth the extra 9g!

4. Member
    X2

5. Member
    Both are nice, but the deck layout and cooler lid is reason enough to upgrade to an fxr.

I love the team deck...I had a regular FX20 then went to a new ZX250 last year. I chose the ZXR20 this year. I prefer not to have touch pads, fiberglass fenders etc. The ZXR fits me perfectly.

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Hull question answered. Sounds like 4 pumps on fxr, how many on Zxr even though skeeter describes the live well setup the same in their brochure. What about carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by banana0721 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Hull question answered. Sounds like 4 pumps on fxr, how many on Zxr even though skeeter describes the live well setup the same in their brochure. What about carpet?
    Casting deck is padded on ZXR. Will vefify about livewell pump quantity.

9. Member
    Pumps are the same, there's just 1 fill and 1 recirc on the ZXR. Carpet is same quality, but only padded up on the solid deck, not the doors.