2016 ProXS 250 2-stroke Flash Options

Good morning guys,

I am planning to flash my 2016 2-stroke ProXS 250 since warranty has ended. I know that Hydrotec does this as well as Simon motorsports.

Here is my question:
    What are my other options in vendors?
    Which vendor has the best results as far as best performance after the flash?
    Have any of you done this and was your experience worth the effort/cost?

Thanks for the help with this. I am a little undecided on whether this is worth the effort or not.

2. Member
    Following

3. Member
    I have no actual experience with the 250 flash but from what other have said it’s not worth it. Hopefully someone with experience comes along.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

4. Member
    Personally if i owned a 250 i would put a Alien cowling with nass intake, mad EFI flywheel, mad efi v-stack and his compressor pump wheel.

This should net you 2-3mph.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Personally if i owned a 250 i would put a Alien cowling with nass intake, mad EFI flywheel, mad efi v-stack and his compressor pump wheel.
    Thanks Hyperflow, do you have a website for this. I have heard of this setup but do not know where it can be purchased.

6. Member
    DBR also has a flash and some options as well. Dave Bush Racing.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

7. Member
    I can't speak for the flash on the 2 stroke, but I had my 250R four stroke flashed, with a Simons. It for sure made a noticeable difference. In my case I think it was money well spent. I'm not sure if a person would see the same bang with a flash on a 2 stroke. Seems like the 4 stroke would have more parameters to adjust making the flash a little more noticeable, but thats just my thought.

I've mod'd every 2 stroke I've have ever owned (similar to what's been mentioned above) and have always had great results, very noticeable and worth the money. I'm just not sure if you will see the same results as me 2 stroke vs 4 stroke and the flash. Hopefully someone has done a flash on a 2 stroke and can chime in...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygreenihc View Post
    Thanks Hyperflow, do you have a website for this. I have heard of this setup but do not know where it can be purchased.
    www.madefi.com

the cowling im not sure who makes them now. I use to deal with mike nass but he sold his company.