1996 ranger trail traller

I have 1996 486 ranger trail trailer. the hubs have a hole that you can use to put grease in the bearing by using a football type needle. but to do this you must remove the locking pin from the hub and find some way to keep the grease from coming out of the pin holes. any suggestion

bob

I just use my left thumb and pointer finger but I imagine if you wipe the grease off the threads you could wrap some electrical tape around the threads, pump grease, remove tape.

Or you can slide the pin out to one side just enough to leave the center open then have only one hole to deal with or stick a pin (nail, punch, etc) a little in the the other hole so the center stays open allowing you to pump grease.....

I had a 96 trailer with the same grease needle. It is supposed to go all the way in before pumping grease and it won't come out the cotter pin hole. Might have to jack up the wheel off the ground and slowly turn the wheel until you find "the spot" that the needle goes fully in the hub.

5. Member
    A little late to this thread, but I used a small piece of hose and slid it into the hole on the end of the spindle past the key holes. Then the needle I have fit perfectly inside the hose and didn’t allow the grease to come out the holes.