Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Banned
    Dual

I have a dual, like it. Extra storage in glove compartment, don't see where it adds enough extra space not to have it.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Me too.. gotta have it.. Would prefer to have a removable one.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

GF appreciates the passenger console. Not sure if my boat was offered as a single console anyways, I bought it used.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Single console for me. The passenger console may be nice when riding but it is in the way while fishing.

after having a dual console in my current ranger i prefer to have a single. more room in the boat to move.
    Ranger Forever

7. Member
    Bought a single console Stratos 200 Pro Xl and added the 2nd console I bought from a Guy on here. Really like it, only time it is a issue is getting rods out of box, but that is not a big deal now have gotten use to it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Tournament fishing I would hate it. Takes up way to much space. For fun fishing with friends and family it would be OK.
    What exactly is it that you do in that space during tournaments that make the console a detriment? I see people say this all the time and I don't get it.

I like having a dual console.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I've had both and would never have another dual. I bought the dual for the wife to have protection running down the lake and she hated it as well. She couldn't kick her legs up on the rod box while she was trying to get a tan.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    What exactly is it that you do in that space during tournaments that make the console a detriment? I see people say this all the time and I don't get it.

I like having a dual console.
    After reading all the responses it's easy to see we have guys who tournament fish and guys who just fish. I have always tournament fished. Super small club stuff I'm not anyone lol. In the southern states I think it's different from the guys fishing the big northern lakes also. Here in tourney day or prefishing I go out and try to put the puzzle together which means lots of time setting on the step sipping water changing lures eating a pp&j etc. singles are great for that. Then constantly getting up and down hundred times a day. Singles are good for that. Then you have the whole co angler and his huge tackle bag and ten rods duels are bad in that. We fish a lot of warm weather. Duels would be better for cold. This and if you don't believe it go to a bass open event or such where you have 200 boats twenty will be duels . That's about it.

My last boat was dual console and it tended to get in the way sometimes......but it did have advantages for storage and getting things out of the weather on the floor beneath it when running in the rain.....I might consider another for my next boat.....

12. Member
    If my wife or kids would fish, I would probably get a dual. But, since neither of them ever want to go with me, I often fish alone so single console for me. Plus, I like the room of a single console. What I do like about a dual is it gives your co-angler a space to put all of his stuff and nothing is underfoot.

13. Banned
    A removeable passenger console should be standard on every bass boat. If you want it put it in, if you don't leave it out. Manufacturers that don't at least offer this as an option are missing out.

14. Member
    Will not own a boat without one! Windy cold days it is appreciated by the fishing buddy.

15. Member
    Seems like it should be a simple task to have a channel on the boat and a lip on the console that it could lock into and pair that was some dzus fasteners and it should easily removable. Someone needs to do it.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456