Xpress Trim angle

How much trim does your Xpress like?

Different hulls have different characteristics. I know some boats only need about half trim. Some might like it all the way out.

I have an X19 and I have to get it way up on the hydraulic jackplate and trimmed all the way to the limiter to get it wide open. I'm just wondering of these hulls inherently like full trim or if there's something I need to adjust on my setup. I've run a 22p and 23p Tempest Plus as well as 23p Sho T2 and they all ran about the same; trimmed all the way out.

Interested in hearing y'all's experiences trimming out hyper lift hulls and bass boats in general.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Mine likes as much as I can give it, but if I wasn't so cheap I would get more cup added to my 25 Trophy.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    my 19 runs 3/4 after that it still gains a couple mph but gets a little squirrley running 23 pitch bravo 1, 3.5 ptp

4. Member
    Just a touch over 3/4 any higher I have a 20ft rooster tail and lose about 5mph. No hydro plate on mine wish it did though different loads I could adjust better. Heavy partner,3 people,solo. I gave up and just set ptp to handle most anything. Plus it handles just as good at 60 as it does 78.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

5. Member
    WAAAAAY to many variables in this. Totally depends on load, what prop, Jackplate height ect, ect. With my 24xl I can raise my prop to pad to about 1.5 to 2" and trim will be just over 1/2 with a light load and at the limiter. With less jackplate height I can trim more and the bow raises more but to a certain point I start loosing speed. When the rooster tail starts raising above the top of the cowl more that about 4' you are wasting HP. With boats that will run above 80 or so, the saying a flat boat is a fast boat somewhat applies. You can get away with too much trim in my buddies Blazer but with the Allison you could get into trouble FAST! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.