Electrical issue

I have a 2004 Tracker Targa V18 with a 125 Mercury outboard. Twice this summer I found my motor tilted all the way up, which I never do, and the battery dead. I charged the battery and everything was ok the first time. This time I charged the battery but nothing works. Is there a main fuse or breaker on this boat somewhere? Looking for help.

2. Member
    Sounds like you have a bad switch for tilting up the motor. Was it around the time of some rain? The battery probably died from your tilt trying to keep raising the motor, even after it was all the way up. I know some Nitros have that issue with a tilt switch up on the bow. Normally after a heavy rain. Worth taking a look at.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Did you verify you have more than 12V on the battery? Onboard chargers won’t charge deeply discharged batteries.

Any chance your cover or TM cable is hitting the bow trim switch?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    I charged the battery on shore long and slow. Good numbers with the volt meter. I have three trim switches I can check. Still need to know where the main fuse is. Nothing in the fuse box is over 10 amp. I would think a 15 or 20 amp fuse or breaker should be between the battery and fuse panel.

5. Member
    Odds are the bow switch.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wseeloff View Post
    I charged the battery on shore long and slow. Good numbers with the volt meter. I have three trim switches I can check. Still need to know where the main fuse is. Nothing in the fuse box is over 10 amp. I would think a 15 or 20 amp fuse or breaker should be between the battery and fuse panel.
    Look under the cowl of the outboard
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​