223 Owners?? Looking for Feedback

Looking for feedback on 223. I know its an aircraft carrier and I know it handles big water amazing, but looking for all the other types of feedback - fishing, performance, any negatives, etc?

2. Banned
    Skinny would be one of the few negatives. Check the transom would be a must.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Skinny would be one of the few negatives. Check the transom would be a must.

4. Member
    You'll go when others won't.

5. Member
    I am not sure the HP rating. But put the biggest mo fo on it and let the big dog eat.

I ran mine for 10 years. The best boat I have owned. (Currently have a 521 C ) it’s long for sure a little narrower than today’s boats but you don’t notice it. Huge rod lockers. I could get in them and close the lid. Only 2 negatives I ever had are it sits bow high at rest and would catch wind pretty good when fishing and it good get tricky when fishing around docks because of its size. I still miss mine!!!

Jeff Avers has one I've been in many times. It rides like a 202 except on steroids not as tippy when fishing. Definitely underpowered with a 225, need a 250 -300 for best performance...

8. Member
    Couple of friends had them and I have a 202, 223 rides better then mine and I hope to some day get one. Best bass boat ever made.

9. Member
    Not many negatives at all. If you wanna fish Falcon, TB, Rayburn, it really doesn't get any better. If you wanna fish Fayette, not the boat for you. I've had two of them.

10. Member
    I’ve had a 221 and a 223. Great boats, can’t really think of any negatives, other than the garage required. I hardly ever had to let off the throttle, it’s truly the best ride.

11. Member
    I have a 221 with a 300 Mercury. Negatives are unloading/loading and tying up when your by yourself. I pull with a 250 extended cab long bed so I need lots of room at the gas pump and ramp. Wiping down a 22' boat after use is also a task. The positives are a big platform under you. Tippy doesn't bother me I just stand in the middle (fish by myself 90%). Storage (I've got 50 outfits in my lockers). Drifts with the wind and doesn't spiral. Big water boat! On occasion someone fishes with me they can't believe how big the boat is when they get in and sit down. Boat glides over the top of waves making for a smooth dry ride. Very unique boat. Hope this helps.

12. Pat Goff
    The ONLY boat I'd wish I had instead of my 202/203 when Falcon/Rayburn/Amistad got particularly nasty.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

I fish out of both a 223 and my original 202, the cockpit space in the 223 is very roomy and I now feel cramped in the 202 when I fish it it.
    Two things that bother me in the 223 is the walk though space between the consoles, barely 12" and no splash well, Unless I slide in and do a 180 while stopping I get swamped over the back.
    But having the extra room for clients helps a lot and I still can get it in some tight places to chase bait.

14. Member
    i have a221 and fish a lot on Lake St Clair. Everyone that rides with me says Its the best ride they ever had. Trim the nose down and you sit on top of the waves and fly by everyone else.
    1999 Champion 221 DCX Elite/ 2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS/ Garmin

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    I am not sure the HP rating. But put the biggest mo fo on it and let the big dog eat.
    USCG label says unlimited V-6

16. Member
    A flashed 250 SHO would be the deal on a 223!

17. Member
    I bought my 223 brand new, actually ordered it. Best compliments I get is from Ranger Owners. She eats them up! LOL