2019 Ranger RT188 Trailer Tire Help

I am buying a RT 188 tomorrow and the owner says the boat does not have a spare tire. Could someone please tell me the tire and wheel size to include how many lugs and spread 4.5 I think.

Joe from Virginia

2. Member
    I think the tire size is ST 185/80R13 but I have a 178 not 188. I am not sure about the rim but I think you can get them from etrailer

3. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    tire/rim on amazon; approx. 100 +/-

get size from seller

This is the wheel. I have one that was removed from my previous trailer that I would sell for $30 but fear the freight cost would be too great to make this a reasonable option.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. Like I said in my post I am picking up the boat tomorrow and dont have time to order, I need it now. I will be driving about 200 miles back home with the boat and scared to tow without a spare. I had three flats in one trip 2 years ago on my Gambler. First tire went flat, changed out to spare and it went down within 10 miles. When leaving the parking lot at the ramp I heard a strange sound and it was the other tire starting to seperate. I will be stopping at a Ranger dealer to transfer the warranty but they were not very friendly on the phone and I know they would want way to much for a spare.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    You should be able to pick up a tire mounted on the correct sized wheel at any marina, BPS, Cabelas and probably Wally World. As posted by Bill Reynolds, 175/80R13, 5 lugs

7. Member
    Ok, thanks all. Got the information and have purchased a tire and wheel for tomorrows trip. Hopefully everything goes well and I will be a new Ranger 188 owner. Now to sell my other two boats.

Joe from Virginia

8. Member
    Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy the new rig. They are a great boat to fish from.

9. Member
    My RT188 came with 185/80-13's on it but I put ST205/75-R14 Goodyear Endurance tires on SenDel wheels on mine.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step