Prop question 20xdc

I just picked up a 20xdc with a 225 sport xs and want to lose the 27 trophy so was thinking a 28 Bravo xs non-labbed. I dont run really heavy mostly a passenger and 1/2 tank gas with dry livewells, approx. what rpm would the 225 turn the Bravo? Running a sporty

2. Member
    I have the same setup. I run a 26 ProMax or a 26 Bravo (not an XS). Both turn right around 6100. I tried a 27 Bravo XS and it turned the same as the 26 and wasn't any faster on top and slipped more out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    I have the same setup. I run a 26 ProMax or a 26 Bravo (not an XS). Both turn right around 6100. I tried a 27 Bravo XS and it turned the same as the 26 and wasn't any faster on top and slipped more out of the hole.
    Are you running 1.62 gears or 1.75? Low elevation?

Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    Do you have vent holes in your Bravo? I cant get the Bravo xs in odd pitches here in Canada, since they turn more r's then a stock Bravo 1 im limited to a 28 Bravo xs because I think a 26 xs would be all over the limiter too soon. If I cant turn a 28 xs then a Bravo 1 in a 26 might hit the sweet spot.

5. Member
    I have 1.62 gears. My bravo and my promax both have 2 sets of PVS holes in them. I'm in North Alabama so not much elevation here around 550' above see level. I will say that in the dead of Winter by myself loaded to fish the Bravo will bump the 6250 limiter if I don't watch it. I've never hit the limiter with the ProMax. On my boat the Bravo has a better holeshot if loaded heavy, but otherwise the Promax is better everywhere else.