2020 ZX Electronics switch Humminbird to Lowrance

Looking for anyone that has experience switching the stock Helix 12 and 9 in a ZX to Lowrance. I am a long term Lowrance user and am reluctant to make the switch to just Humminbirds.

2. Member
    I’ll trade you a live 12” for your 12” helix

3. Member
    Add a lowrance at the console for GPS mapping and learn to use the imaging on the Humminbirds. Its just better.

4. Member
    I moved from Lowrance to Humminbird when Skeeter started putting them on. The Humminbird mega imaging is excellent. Took me about an hour to really get it dialed in on my lake and the way I fish. Very happy with it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Looking for anyone that has experience switching the stock Helix 12 and 9 in a ZX to Lowrance. I am a long term Lowrance user and am reluctant to make the switch to just Humminbirds.
    When I bought my Skeeter in 2018 they were putting Lowrance on them. I wanted to use Humminbird so I (dealer) took out the Lowrance units and mounted Humminbirds. Just have to get a bow and console plate to work with your units unless they're not flush mounted. We just left the old Lowrance transducer in the hull. Shouldn't be to much of a pain.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    When I bought my Skeeter in 2018 they were putting Lowrance on them. I wanted to use Humminbird so I (dealer) took out the Lowrance units and mounted Humminbirds. Just have to get a bow and console plate to work with your units unless they're not flush mounted. We just left the old Lowrance transducer in the hull. Shouldn't be to much of a pain.
    I'm a Bird guy and am still "suffering" with the Lowrance units. I don't care for Lowrance and their customer service. I did put on 2 Helix 7s for mapping.
    Now G4 Helix units are out so I may switch sonar.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Thanks. I spoke with my dealer and they are going to install a lowrance transducer in the hull and I am going to take care of the rest. They are going to leave the Humminbird transducer. I will be selling the helix12, and installing an hds16 at the console and and hds9 at the bow on a BBT mount with a helix 10 (mega 360) and a livescope setup (mounted separately).

Not to knock humminbird or lowrance, but I have both, and just prefer the feel and use of Lowrance for mapping and 2d. It also allows me to be more efficient when side imaging. Its a comfort thing for me.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Thanks. I spoke with my dealer and they are going to install a lowrance transducer in the hull and I am going to take care of the rest. They are going to leave the Humminbird transducer. I will be selling the helix12, and installing an hds16 at the console and and hds9 at the bow on a BBT mount with a helix 10 (mega 360) and a livescope setup (mounted separately).

Not to knock humminbird or lowrance, but I have both, and just prefer the feel and use of Lowrance for mapping and 2d. It also allows me to be more efficient when side imaging. Its a comfort thing for me.
    Sounds like a plan. I also found a good place for mounting a (black box) of some kind is right under the day box tray. I just used stick on velcro to the little shelf. Easy access and made running wires easy as well.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA