Newbie Questions regarding Garmin electronics 93SV UDH , Force

Hey guys, I've been out of the bass boat world for along while and I am looking to purchase some new Garmin electronics. I just purchased a new to me 2005 Triton TR20X. I am purchasing a new Garmin Force TM so I wanted to keep the electronics the same brand and wanted to get the overall consensus on the Garmin 93SV UHD linked together ? Here are a few questions... Are they ready to go out of the box (transducer, etc.) I am looking to see what the ease of use is between all of them. If I wanted to add Livescope at a later time would there be any issues? Has there been any update issues ? If I wanted to link the bow and console and TM together would there be any issues? How is the overall ease of use when using them all together? I am looking at putting (2) 93SV UHD one at the bow and one at the console.. Is that usually the norm for size wise? Again, sorry for the newbie questions, it's been a long while since the bass boat days and I never had electronics back then to compare. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They are pretty much ready to go out the box. Yes there are some things to setup like wifi, active captian, and all sonar settings are good to go with a few adjustments. the 93 Plus units only have 1 ethernet port so with 3 units you will need to get the GMS 10 network hub. Also will need the network cables. No update issues but more than likely your will have or close to having the latest update. If not, just update after installation. TM will link to unit via wifi. Like any other brand, if you havent used, there will be a little learning curve, but you can play with them at home or on the water to figure out where things are in the menus.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thank you "fishing bouillon" I really appreciate the info!

I've had mine 6 months...so far,so good

5. Member
    Glad to hear!!

6. Member
    If you only have 2 units you can connect the network cable directly between the untis. Unless you get livescope. It also connects to the ethernet port. I have 2 93sv plus units (1 at the bow and 1 at the console), a livescope and a 93sv UHD (bow). At the moment I have the console and the UHD at the bow networked directly.

Running the network cable through the rigging tube was a real pain as the end is very large. I would look into the garmin kit with the wire and the ends and get a crimper.

7. Member
    Thanks very much “jjbz21”.. I appreciate the info.

Active Captain can be a big pain the rear end. Make sure to write down the name you give your units and the password! The TM remote takes a minute to get used too. Once everything is paired and calibrated you can operate the TM from the MFD you choose but not both.
    The remote offers the same functions. If your doing flush mounts make sure the cradle has plenty of clearance with the trim plate. You may need to do a little trimming so that the cradle will lock in properly or you’ll end up with the cradle popping off with the first wake you hit. Ask me how I know! Cradle on my bow unit ended up in the bottom of the boat.
    Fantastic units once they are all set up.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    Thanks “ifishinxs” ... sent you a pm.