Question advice on Going to Hydraulic Jackplate

Currently have 2001 TR19, 200 optimax, 25 fury4, with manual jack plate 8 inches setback. I run 2 3/4 below pad. holeshot is not good with a full load and full livewells. empty load, one guy is just fine. top speed about 69gps. I am installing an 8inch Atlas. I wondering about where to set the "zero" . And do you need to adjust height as you go like you adjust trim? Do you always take off with it jacked all the way down? I am going to experiment with it when I have it ready to run but wanted a place to start. Anyone with real world info? Thanks, y'all usually a wealth of knowledge.

2. Member
    Set it so that 2 3/4 is in the middle that will give you plenty of down travel if you decide you want to go out on the great lakes. You can have the plate set any where you want when you take off and sometimes I have mine all the way up in shallow water. The more up movement you have the more use you get from the plate. I normally run 2 1/2 to 2 1/4 under most of the time and don't have to move it much where I fish now but it does help when fishing shallow waters.