1997 Allison 2003XB

Would this boat have rod storage and livewells, would it be a good bass boat. One for sale that looks clean, not really my choice, prefer the XB21 but for the price I might take it, please let me know your thoughts soon, I don't think it will last long
    Last edited by hunter35745; 10-07-2020 at 11:59 AM.

they have pretty good rod storage, livewells is good size for sure,, im not far from you if you want to look at a 2003 up close

3. Member
    I used rod socks when I tournament fished out of an XB 2003. The livewells are very good, as is the storage in the boat. Getting to the front deck takes some getting used to. The tournament edition has room for 4 or 5 Plano 3700 boxes up front.

You can store probably about 10 rods fairly easily but rod socks are a must, live wells are very good as well. Storage is pretty good and it does take some getting use to getting to the front of the boat for sure but its not bad.
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodgers View Post
    I used rod socks when I tournament fished out of an XB 2003. The livewells are very good, as is the storage in the boat. Getting to the front deck takes some getting used to. The tournament edition has room for 4 or 5 Plano 3700 boxes up front.
    I'll take issue with the 4/5 3700s. I had at least a dozen standing on the hinges. Bad thing with the front box is the hinge and depth. I had to get on my knees to get to the 3700s. I also had a divider that gave me 2 rows of 3700 storage.

6. Member
    I have 12 3700 boxes and two of the allison trays in the front compartment for all my plastic baits. 12 rods with no socks in the rod box. I like the way the boat fishes once you get use to the layout.

Use office vertical file holders to hold your plano trays on their side in the front so you dont have to get on your knees. The Allison drop in trays will help with getting tackle without going on both knees too. The issue is you cant reach the storage from a lower level and reach in while standing like you can on any other boat.