Carpet to seadek

Has anyone converted their carpet in the floor to seadek like the new rigs come with ?
    2018 Phoenix 921 pro xp
    250 merc pro xs

2. Member
    I've done a couple for the dealership I work with. Not that hard, and Phoenix makes the sea deck all patterned up. Problem is they charge a lot for it. Dealer cost is I think $600 +/-

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    I've done a couple for the dealership I work with. Not that hard, and Phoenix makes the sea deck all patterned up. Problem is they charge a lot for it. Dealer cost is I think $600 +/-
    Just curious, is that only for the cockpit or the whole thing? Next boat will be ordered with it in the cockpit, but considering doing the whole thing. This is getting expensive :(.

4. Member
    They quoted me last week like $600 including shipping for the seadek conversion kit. To pull the carpet on a 920 and put down the seadek. It included a new kit of the black trim too.

5. Member
    anybody got any pictures they can share of a boat with the seadek or with just seadek in the cockpit floor?

6. Member
    Subscribed!

I'm really thinking of using seadek on cockpit and back deck when mine carpet wears out. Cockpit is a given but I like the back deck idea also so when i take the family out and we swim it doesn't soak the back deck carpet.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TohoRookie View Post
    Just curious, is that only for the cockpit or the whole thing? Next boat will be ordered with it in the cockpit, but considering doing the whole thing. This is getting expensive :(.
    That cost was only for the Sea deck material for the cockpit. Labor was extra.

8. Member

You actually don't need the black edging that comes with the kit. Just leave the one that originally came with the boat. Hardest part is cleaning the carpet glue off, as now the original gel coat will show in places.

9. Member
    Sorry if this a weird question... But what's the purpose or benefit of just having it in the cockpit?

Seems like they should make an effort to deck out the entire boat.
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

10. Member
    I did mine, was pretty easy. But I though long and hard about it before I stuck it down. Once you stick it down you will not be able to remove and readjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by steph281086 View Post
    Sorry if this a weird question... But what's the purpose or benefit of just having it in the cockpit?

Seems like they should make an effort to deck out the entire boat.
    Most like a padded front deck not sure if that's possible with the seadek. My Malibu boat has the seadek all over. Its nice but hard to keep clean IMO unless you scrub it with a soft bristle brush
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

12. Member
    I'd also say that the cockpit carpet gets the messiest and tends to stay wet longer than anywhere else from rain. Seadek likely dries faster and is generally easier to clean.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

13. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I’m going to look into it
    2018 Phoenix 921 pro xp
    250 merc pro xs

14. Member
    Carpet stays wet forever. This stuff never gets wet - doesn't absorb water. And the dirt and grind doesnt settle down in it like carpet.

15. Member
    I have yet to see an entire Phoenix deck with Seadek. I'm definitely interested in doing it, but my understanding is that it wouldn't look right because of the gaps in the hatches and that they are aluminum. When I see the other brands that offer complete Seadek, they have fiberglass hatches. Not an expert by any stretch, just my understanding. If someone has done it, I would love to see pictures.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

16. Member
    what did you use for removing the carpet adhesive?