Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I’m confused.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

2. Member
    Buck456, my partners new 200 V8 did the same thing all summer until a merc mechanic got in the boat and hooked up the computer while someone drove. The boats miss started at around 4500rpm. The mechanic saw a weird electrical spike in the trim sensor while running. Turns out the trim sensor was the culprit all summer after multiple trips to the dealer. The trim sensor was thinking the motor was over trimmed and shutting down some cylinders putting it in a semi guardian mode. Boats been running great now for the last month of the season since the sensor was replaced.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Just thought I would give an update. Mercury did step up and do the right thing. Just got a text from my dealership with a pic of my new motor that got delivered.. I appreciate all the help I've got from here. I certainly hope this motor if free from all the defects my original had. Do not think for one second this has been easy. Its actually been very painful. I've struggled with my motor since day one. Almost half the hrs on my original motor has went to testing either by myself or the dealership. I do not wish these type of problems to anyone. Even though this thread started out as somewhat of a rant it was just months of built up frustration. I even missed my championship tournament me and my partner qualified for that paid 1st place 20 grand. We somehow placed in the top 10 twice and all of the major tournaments I fished in the motor was acting up. At this point missing the championship doesn't matter much to me. I just want a reliable motor.

Also Caymas and my dealership has been good to me through all of this. They've jumped through hoops trying to get this issue resolved. The dealership would push me toward the front of the line to try to get me back on the water. One thing you guys DO NOT want to take forgranted is when you make a major purchase like this is to skimp on who you buy from.

IMG_2293(1).jpg
    Last edited by Buck456; 10-17-2020 at 08:03 AM.

4. Member
    Good luck with the new motor......hope it's good to you. Let us know how it runs
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Having a dealer that will go the extra mile for you is sometimes very valuable. Glad they are getting you set up and back to fishing!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Just thought I would give an update. I've put 3 hrs on my new motor and so far it has been flawless. Hopefully this continues..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Just thought I would give an update. I've put 3 hrs on my new motor and so far it has been flawless. Hopefully this continues..
    I'm sure it will. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12