Banned

Doctrinal triage

I got a sheet on this from my pastor a few years back after I questioned him on an associate pastor's beliefs in our church. It was eye opening for me and helped put things in perspective. It really helped me not to sweat things I shouldn't, this video is a similiar take on the talk I received. Enjoy.

2. Member
    Thank you. I did.

3. Member
    Very interesting video of things that need to be said yet many times no address since one can be perceived as politically incorrect. Here is my understanding of the video:

First order determines and defines believes whether you are a Christian or of other believes.

Second order is what keeps religious theology people from making Christianity a stronger faith, instead of creating schism based on traditions and modality.

Third order is the same discussions and arguments of our daily lives whether it is religion, politics, sports, fishing, or any other mental masturbation that humans take on and conclude to agree to disagree on our opinion and understandings, so that life goes on as adults without physically hurting each other.

I believe that Paul in the Spirit addressed this matter millennia ago in Romans 13 and 14, yet here we are today watching a video that is still telling us to grow up and stop it.

May Christ's Grace be with y'all always. Amen and Amen

4. Member
    Misty is a Missouri Synod Lutheran. I'm a Southern Baptist. We "bicker" with each other all the time about these things, but have in reality learned that we follow "This same Jesus" (Acts 1:11). That little stuff doesn't really matter, except to each other. I say she's too hard headed to change her beliefs, (she's not just Lutheran, she's a German Lutheran) and she thinks I'm too dumb to change mine.

In reality of course, I say when we get to heaven, Jesus is going to have his face planted firmly in the palm of His nail scarred hands, and will be shaking His head and muttering..."You wasted all that time, arguing over THAT, when you could have been out helping to save souls, like I told you to."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    Misty is a Missouri Synod Lutheran. I'm a Southern Baptist. We "bicker" with each other all the time about these things, but have in reality learned that we follow "This same Jesus" (Acts 1:11). That little stuff doesn't really matter, except to each other. I say she's too hard headed to change her beliefs, (she's not just Lutheran, she's a German Lutheran) and she thinks I'm too dumb to change mine.

In reality of course, I say when we get to heaven, Jesus is going to have his face planted firmly in the palm of His nail scarred hands, and will be shaking His head and muttering..."You wasted all that time, arguing over THAT, when you could have been out helping to save souls, like I told you to."
    Wayne,
    I had no idea that we are related, since Misty must be my wife's ( 4 Gen German Lutheran) long lost twin sister.
    Though our Lord keeps me in fellowship at St Paul Lutheran in Hilton, NY, and devote much time and work there, I am not a Lutheran, but like Paul, I am a bondservant of Jesus Christ with the gold loop in my ear as personal affirmation.

100% agree with your closing statement.

6. Banned
    Amen