Thread: 16-18' deep v.

16-18' deep v.

Thinking about selling my bass boat and getting a deep v. Doing more panfishing and might start trolling when I retire. Still will bass fish occasionally. Wants in order of importantance: stability at rest, dry ride, dry storage. Probably needs to be late 90s to mid 2000 due to price. Fish solo most of the time. Thanks for any advice!

2. Member
    Aluminum or glass? I had a '07 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600 for about 9 years (currently run a Lund 2075 Pro-V). From my experience, I'd say that the Crestliner was a great boat, stable and a good platform for both trolling and casting/jigging, however it was just too small - unless you know 16' is enough for your lakes. If you haven't yet, watch the Walleye Central boat classifieds and the Walleye Boats For Sale facebook group, there'll be a lot of options that come through in that model year range that you can really start to compare and contrast features and availability.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Lund Rebel or other Lund boats would serve you well. I too am in a 2075 ProV and prior boat was a Lund Impact 1875.

4. Member
    I just sold my Lund impact and going to a bass boat. The Lund will serve you well if looking at the older ones check the transom.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Member
    Depends on lake size and storage requirements I suppose. My dad loves his crestliner fish hawk for multi species fishing, but storage is lacking in my opinion, and not the most stable ride once the waves start cresting. Lunds are everywhere up here and people seem to enjoy the ride quality... I've always been a fan of alumacraft

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    You might look at a Ranger 681VS, 618VS, or 617. I have a 681VS and fish alone most of the time. I always had bass boats but I really like this rig and will never go back to a bass boat again. You can find those rigs under 15K

Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I just sold my Lund impact and going to a bass boat. The Lund will serve you well if looking at the older ones check the transom.
    Lol, and I am doing just the opposite. Ordered an Impact XS yesterday and Selling my Sabre in the Spring.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

8. Member
    I rode in in 2000 Alumacraft Navigator 165 that was a really nice boat. The guy went with a Tiller (50hp) for more room in the boat as he primarily fished for Muskies. That boat came in the 2XB hull and it was a solid and pretty wide I believe those came in a 165, 175, and a 185 console and tiller model.

Good luck,
    Bowhunter
    2017 Alumacraft Competitor 205 Suzuki DF250, Suzuki 9.9 EFI Kicker, Garmin Network

9. Member
    I went from a bass boat to a Lund impact sport which is the full windshield. Mine is the crappie edition which included extra pedestal mounting positions on the bow deck for multiple seats and also has a baitwell on the front deck as well I fish bass and can draft just as shallow as my glass bass boat did. Within minutes I have the downriggers on and am trolling trout and salmon with the sport top up. Very versatile boat. At the age range you are looking at Lund had quite a few models. Pro v, Explorer series, Mr. pike, rebel which would all serve you well. Good luck
    2004 Ranger 520 vs
    2004 Mercury 225 Optimax

10. Member
    Don't be afraid of a tiller boat, lottsa room!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Don't be afraid of a tiller boat, lottsa room!!
    Roger on the tiller, absolutely love my 1775 proguide, very versatile , I can troll, bass fish, pan fish, and be comfortable , and plenty of room