Arkie Head Jigs Question

Thinking of buying some jig heads and tying my own skirts. Anyone use the Boss Arkie heads; the Dock Knocker, Improved Flipping, or Sparkie? I would like a
    good skipping head and paint that holds up to chipping. Any pros or cons? Any other jig heads out there that are better?
    Thanks

2. Member
    I got a bunch of arkie heads, skip pretty good but they paint isnt anything special IMO. Then again I havent had a jig then doesnt end up paintless after skipping docks all day

I pour several different heads. I like Sparkie and Posion Tail the best.

4. Member
    Sparkie is a great head!

The Sparkie does skip really well and as far as paint goes BOSS stuff is about as good as the rest out there , but to tell you the truth none of the paint or powder coat is not going to hold up on any of them skipping or otherwise ,, I promise you the fish don't care,, ,, if it bothers you then tie on a new one and when you get home dip the head in some inexpensive vinyl jig paint and you are good to go for the next trip , They do have out the new Brent Ehrler Skipping Jig but it is very compact , really more like a finesse style jig

6. Member
    Thanks for the information everyone. I don't worry about the paint that much; but some jig brands that I have bought; the paint on some hold up much better than others.
    The Sparkie looks a lot like the Shooter Jigs that I use now. Thanks for the tip on the Brent Ehrler jigs. There not much description on the jigs.
    Last edited by Disciple; 10-11-2020 at 07:57 PM.