Question Ranger tralior jack

I need to replace the tralior jack on my 1997 492 vs and cant seem to find what i am looking for .I dont want to drill any new holes just simple r & r.
    thanks

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Got a picture of the mount? Sometimes you can buy a bolt-on jack and remove the mount and attach to the one on the trailer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I was told by the people at etrailer.com that the Fulton FXP10 was a direct bolt on replacement for my 2000 R83.

I replaced mine with the Fulton and also bought the mounting plate. I used the Plate with some 3" SS Bolts and mounted it to the frame. SOOOOO much easier to raise and lower. Well worth the $$$.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jac...=Swivel%20Jack

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-500320...012959&sr=8-34
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    I have the Fulton F2 and it is the cat's meow!

6. Member
    Does the F2 roll easier than the old single wheel that came on my R83 trailer? Mine is basically useless except for raising or lowering onto the hitch. It barely, if at all turns and I have to drag the trailer side to side. If this would work on mine I'm a buyer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    Does the F2 roll easier than the old single wheel that came on my R83 trailer? Mine is basically useless except for raising or lowering onto the hitch. It barely, if at all turns and I have to drag the trailer side to side. If this would work on mine I'm a buyer.
    yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    It's like night and day !!! Also, it's much much easier to jack up and down !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I replaced mine with the Fulton and also bought the mounting plate. I used the Plate with some 3" SS Bolts and mounted it to the frame. SOOOOO much easier to raise and lower. Well worth the $$$.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jac...=Swivel%20Jack

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-500320...012959&sr=8-34
    I measured the mounting bolts for my existing Fulton Jack (original from 2000) and the spacing is 5.5" x 3". So you just took the old one off and attached the plate to the frame and then the jack to the plate, correct? Just want to make sure before I order a bunch of stuff that won't work.

10. Member
    Here is my current setup.
    JACK 3.jpgJACK 1.jpgJACK 2.jpg

11. Member
    What is yours doing? Is it hard to crank? If so, you got nothing to lose. Try and fix it.

I had one I was going to replace and decided to try and fix it first, I went on you tube and there was a few video's on how to take them apart.

I took it apart cleaned it up , greased it, Now its like brand new, its worth a try.