Thread: Steering Stops?

Steering Stops?

Boss has a 2021 ZXR21. I told him t get the TH Marine steer stops and they won't stay on. I don't have an issue and haven't heard anyone else having a problem. What is everyone using on their 250 SHO?

2. Member
    I use a set of the DD26, well constructed and good fit.

I bought the new version from T&H that has the strap attached.worked great on my ZX250 and also has been great on my ZXR.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I bought the new version from T&H that has the strap attached.worked great on my ZX250 and also has been great on my ZXR.
    Same here. They are tight fitting.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    I use a set of the DD26, well constructed and good fit.
    Just my opinion but, I think based online only, that DD26 has awesome looking products. With that said, I cannot get over their prices.

6. Member
    That’s fair, I would have gone the TH marine route but the new version was unavailable at the time. Anything is better than the plastic ones you get with the boat. In addition to that though I’ve made an expensive purchase that I want to protect. Not in all cases, but in most you typically get something comparable to its price point and quality is my biggest pain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    These are the newest ones from TH Marine. Dark blue. They pop off

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    That’s fair, I would have gone the TH marine route but the new version was unavailable at the time. Anything is better than the plastic ones you get with the boat. In addition to that though I’ve made an expensive purchase that I want to protect. Not in all cases, but in most you typically get something comparable to its price point and quality is my biggest pain point.
    I would 100% agree that anything is better than the cheap plastic ones supplied. My last boat, I put the Motormate on the boat which seems to be favorable on this board. The Motormate is a good product, though I doubt I’ll buy it again primarily due to cost. I’m happy with the ProRule, but agree the steering stops are junk. I’m also looking for decent affordable steering stops.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I woukd contact T&H. Mine you almost have to pry off.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I would just ask your local buddy that has a set just sitting in the drawer, I'm sure he will loan them to you to test out along with a set of sticks if needed.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

Buy a Motormate and forget the steering stops,
    2018 Skeeter ZX 250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota 112 Ultrex Link
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12 and Elite Ti 9
    Dual PP Pro Series II
    Atlas Hydraulic JP

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter185 View Post

I had one.....still had to use clips.

13. Member
    I know a couple of guys that simply slit some pvc pipe cut to fit...worked well

14. Member
    I emailed TH Marine about the issue with my steering stops and heard nothing. Guess they have enough customers, they can afford to lose one.

15. Member
    I’ve been using the ones from Gatorbak. They are made of a rubber type material and I feel like they will be easier on the seals. Been working out so far. You can even get them with the Skeeter logo
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbrock1234 View Post
    I emailed TH Marine about the issue with my steering stops and heard nothing. Guess they have enough customers, they can afford to lose one.
    I called TH Marine on Friday about an issue with a product. There was no hassle. New one arrived today.

17. Member
    Would some one please tell me what is wrong with the cheap plastic clips that come with boat?

I've been using them 2 - 7 days a week since January and have had no problem.

I towed my last Skeeter (2002 ZX200) for 18 years and never used any of any kind.

They work to solve what is really a non-problem anyway. What difference does it make if the motor doesn't point straight while you trailer? Looks crappy, I admit, but really don't hurt anything.

Maybe they just don't have an expensive brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Would some one please tell me what is wrong with the cheap plastic clips that come with boat?

I've been using them 2 - 7 days a week since January and have had no problem.

I towed my last Skeeter (2002 ZX200) for 18 years and never used any of any kind.

They work to solve what is really a non-problem anyway. What difference does it make if the motor doesn't point straight while you trailer? Looks crappy, I admit, but really don't hurt anything.

Maybe they just don't have an expensive brand name.

I bought the TH versiin because it has a strap that keeps them together. Much easier for me to keep up with plus if one pops loose whike towing I probably will not lose it.
    Bought it on Amazon for $10-12. I have gotten my money's worth.

19. Member
    My issue is with the quality of the roads in my area. Large potholes are rough on the trailer and engine.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter185 View Post
    THIS!! You do not need steering stops with a Motor Mate! If you do you have a Hydraulic leak in your steering some where.