Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    So you use your boat 4 times a week and 16 weeks so 64 times then buy a new boat then next year with a new battery?
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. I buy a new boat just to get the new battery.

Stupid is, is stupid does.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. I buy a new boat just to get the new battery.

Stupid is, is stupid does.
    last line ^^^ replace that subpar battery with another one then. I'm telling you after 260 days of use on an x2 31 agm there is more power at 0* F to start my motor than interstate batteries have when used 2 times in 70*F...

I don't hate interstate batteries, I use them on my trolling motor and they are normally fine. But you have not had a good battery yet so don't say you have
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Actually picked up my new boat today, opened the back and to my surprise it had a North star 31AGM.

I assume that is an improvement?

4. Member
    100% it is an improvement.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Does yours overheat and never fully charge?
    I only have 1. It fully charges but the voltage drops and my Solix units sound the alarm.

6. Member
    last line ^^^ replace that subpar battery with another one then. I'm telling you after 260 days of use on an x2 31 agm there is more power at 0* F to start my motor than interstate batteries have when used 2 times in 70*F...

I don't hate interstate batteries, I use them on my trolling motor and they are normally fine. But you have not had a good battery yet so don't say you have

Yes, makes perfect sense again, let me go out and replace my "subpar" battery b/c I've had zero issues with it. I'm sure whatever battery resides in your boat is the best thing on the market. I'll happily use my Interstate 31 AGM until it dies though.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

7. Member
    Little update on my interstate agm. Had the boat in for service and cabelas bit tech said the battery was great and I left a switch on that was draining it. I said, “oh wow, what switch”. And of course they himmed and hawed about it haha, all they checked was voltage I’m guessing. I just dropped the battery off at interstate for a deep cycle test.

I’m running livescope with a 12, and a helix 10 and 9. Pretty good about putting sonar on standby and run around quite a bit. Battery doesn’t make it half a day before i have to jump start from my trollers.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Little update on my interstate agm. Had the boat in for service and cabelas bit tech said the battery was great and I left a switch on that was draining it. I said, “oh wow, what switch”. And of course they himmed and hawed about it haha, all they checked was voltage I’m guessing. I just dropped the battery off at interstate for a deep cycle test.

I’m running livescope with a 12, and a helix 10 and 9. Pretty good about putting sonar on standby and run around quite a bit. Battery doesn’t make it half a day before i have to jump start from my trollers.
    Dropping mine off at a different Interstate store tomorrow, hopefully they don't tell me its fine.

9. Member
    Dropping mine off at a different Interstate store tomorrow, hopefully they don't tell me its fine.
    Same here. Hoping I don’t have to add a dedicated electronics battery while having that
    really heavy starting battery.

It is in there best interest to not give you a new battery but to deflect to something your doing.

11. Member
    It is in there best interest to not give you a new battery but to deflect to something your doing.
    at least they have a deep cycle battery tester though. As opposed to my dealer who just charges it and declares it good.

12. Banned
    Mine is isolated when I charge I kill the main power switch. Battery gets hot, never fully charges and its progressively getting worse.

But then again giving you a new one may make you happy enough to stay with them in flute future, idk, what I do know is interstate batteries are made with recycled lead, not saying it doesn't work, but the batteries plus x2 agm is made with virgin lead. Just saying.

14. Member
    But then again giving you a new one may make you happy enough to stay with them in flute future, idk, what I do know is interstate batteries are made with recycled lead, not saying it doesn't work, but the batteries plus x2 agm is made with virgin lead. Just saying.
    for sure going to try a different brand if they call my interstate “good”. Really don’t want to add a 5th battery.

15. Banned
    I will get a x2 in the spring if they won't give me a new interstate.

16. Banned
    They gave me a new, the old one failed load test.

17. Member
    They gave me a new, the old one failed load test.
    Nice, did you have it in for the multi day deep cycle test?

18. Banned
    Nice, did you have it in for the multi day deep cycle test?
    Not this time. I went to a different location, was fixin to tell the lady that they didn't know what they were doing at the first location, then she says "I recognize you"...lol. It was fully charged when she checked it, then did a load test, it immediately failed, gave me a new right after that. Hopefully now my graphs won't turn off everytime I start the boat. They would do fine the first month I owned the boat but its slowly gotten worse. Boat is only 7 months old.

19. Member
    Finally heard back from interstate. Battery failed deep cycle test, new one coming in tomorrow. Apparently they changed models recently on their 31 agm batteries too.

20. Banned
    Finally heard back from interstate. Battery failed deep cycle test, new one coming in tomorrow. Apparently they changed models recently on their 31 agm batteries too.
    Good to hear. The new one has more CCA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast