Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nitro Z21 Pro Package Cranking Battery

What cranking battery does the 2021 Nitro Z21 Pro Package come with from the factory?

2. Banned
    My guess the same as the 2020, which is the piece of crap interstate group 31 agm.

Yep a group 31 agm, wonder why its a piece of crap?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Yep a group 31 agm, wonder why its a piece of crap?
    Just mine is lol.

I know its better then what they use to give me.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I know its better then what they use to give me.
    Once you get a good battery you'll say that one is poo too.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Before I sold my 2015 model all three of mine were the Interstate 31 batteries and they were still as strong as ever and again they were a little over 5 years old.
    I had always put mine on charge every time I got it back home from fishing and the only time they were not plugged in is when I headed back out to fish.
    My new 2020 boat has 4 Interstate 31 in them, I hope they will last me 5+ years, my hope is 8+ years.

8. Member
    For the most part, interstates are as good as any other top battery. You may have got a bad one. I have a couple setting in the shop that over 8 years old and still hold charge and provide good power. I use them for my camper and for my 2 man pond hopper. If you dont maintain batteries, like everything else, they dont perform well. You cant kill a battery every week and expect it to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Once you get a good battery you'll say that one is poo too.
    Problem is I have had good Batteries. I guess I don't have the battery draw issues many talk about.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Problem is I have had good Batteries. I guess I don't have the battery draw issues many talk about.
    Probably have a different style of fishing. You ever launch a boat and fish for 14 hours before turning the gas engine on? I have.

many people have larger lakes and if you can run around for 15 minutes a few times a 8 hour day is way different. No biggie I like my interstates on the troller and normally defend them for that use but not on the starter.

11. Member
    I personally have never had good luck with interstates. Both of my Nitro's came factory with them and i did not get a year out of the starter or trolling batteries on either boat. I have found they like other batteries in the Johnson controls range that i have used in the past (evertart and duralast) they do not stand up to rough water boating very well and i ended up with shorted plates. Every time i had a failure it was post a rough water run and the battery was turned into a 10v battery instantly.

I don't think its a care issue either, the Trojans that replaced the ones in my 882 lasted 8 years of tournament fishing until i got a new boat. On my Z7 i went with Cabelas AGM's since Trojans are harder for me to get around here now, first set lasted me 9 years most of which was spent tournament fishing and the second has been in there for 3. Been pretty happy with those Cabelas batteries.

I would have actually agreed with you 3 boats ago. Before then I would always have a battery fail before within a year, sometimes 2 of them. Dropped my charger from a 15amp to a 10 amp per bank, also went away from Dual pro. Now I have not had a problem, and I have been getting at least 2 years out of all my batteries since making that change.

I should just go out to my new boat and swap out the batteries for saying the above.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I would have actually agreed with you 3 boats ago. Before then I would always have a battery fail before within a year, sometimes 2 of them. Dropped my charger from a 15amp to a 10 amp per bank, also went away from Dual pro. Now I have not had a problem, and I have been getting at least 2 years out of all my batteries since making that change.

I should just go out to my new boat and swap out the batteries for saying the above.
    I feel the interstates hold up under a lot of stress (if that makes sense) Im using my interstates 3-4 times a week all the way to nothing. Then charge them and I'm good to go. I haven't been "stranded" because of a battery failure. If you run 2 miles. Park your boat and fish pads all day and have four graphs running and all your tanks blasting away. Then yes the battery is going to be weak. But that's not the battery's fault. Nothing lasts forever.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

Quote Originally Posted by greens1098 View Post
    I feel the interstates hold up under a lot of stress (if that makes sense) Im using my interstates 3-4 times a week all the way to nothing. Then charge them and I'm good to go. I haven't been "stranded" because of a battery failure. If you run 2 miles. Park your boat and fish pads all day and have four graphs running and all your tanks blasting away. Then yes the battery is going to be weak. But that's not the battery's fault. Nothing lasts forever.
    X2 won't strand you. like no kidding. I can take my boat out from the snow bank at 20* drive 2 hours down the highway set it in the lake, and it starts faster after a month straight below freezing temps than it used to start at 70* and ran 12 hour earlier with a charger in between on the interstate.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipster View Post
    What cranking battery does the 2021 Nitro Z21 Pro Package come with from the factory?
    If it is an interstate agm 31, I suggest you try for an X2 and be done with it. I am taking back my second one in 11 months. They said they would exchange it this time but never again. I’m going to get it sell it and switch brands.

16. Member
    Anyone tried lithium or the Bass Pro Shops Pro Series AGM?

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    If it is an interstate agm 31, I suggest you try for an X2 and be done with it. I am taking back my second one in 11 months. They said they would exchange it this time but never again. I’m going to get it sell it and switch brands.
    Does yours overheat and never fully charge?

18. Member
    I don't get all the smack talk about the Interstate batteries. I've had them in my last two boats and I use them all summer 2-4 times a week, zero problems. I've never had any issues with them.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I don't get all the smack talk about the Interstate batteries. I've had them in my last two boats and I use them all summer 2-4 times a week, zero problems. I've never had any issues with them.
    So you use your boat 4 times a week and 16 weeks so 64 times then buy a new boat then next year with a new battery?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipster View Post
    Anyone tried lithium or the Bass Pro Shops Pro Series AGM?
    I currently run the cabelas x900 agm’s in my boat, they are identical to the bass pro x900 agm batteries which is their top agm battery. I highly recommend them, mine have been great. I’m on year 3 on this set both starting and trolling. I would definitely buy these again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast