Thread: over/under

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

over/under

On the number of post dogfish has about Gerald this week. My guess is 5 counting the one he started today, so there will be at least four more.

2. #FRB
    OVER. Don't you let me down Dogfish!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Side by side instead of over and under. Old school.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Member
    I refused to predict in the other thread..... but I'm a hard OVER in this one!

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    OVER. Don't you let me down Dogfish!
    Depends on how he does in the tournament. But in reality it is now 2 since my other thread which I ask for the over/under and now this one.
    Let’s see we have Day 1, I can post about then Day 2, but I think he will not fish day three so it will be close. Now if he makes it to day 3 and a miracle happens and he makes it to the championship day, I’m sure the crowd here will make sure I get well over 4.

Oh that's an easy one. Over.

I’m wondering if he listened to the two part podcast I posted that Gman and Lulu did about the business side of being a tournament pro.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Banned
    Dog, you're a Motivational, Inspirational, Leader of Fishermen to all us in the bass world... Keep it coming man. Someday, I may buy a jersey and Live the Dream... Remember, haters are gonna hate... Dan

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I’m wondering if he listened to the two part podcast I posted that Gman and Lulu did about the business side of being a tournament pro.
    Come on man... Dog ain't in it for the money... Just the personal satisfaction of seeing someone fulfill their full potential... Dan

10. Member
    I bought a new over/under this year. It’s a Weatherby Orion in 12 ga. 28” barrels.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    We need a rally cry for the G Man. Something to the effect to stop pimping his 3,678 products and try fishing and winning.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Dog, you're a Motivational, Inspirational, Leader of Fishermen to all us in the bass world... Keep it coming man. Someday, I may buy a jersey and Live the Dream... Remember, haters are gonna hate... Dan
    Arn’t I!....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Arn’t I!....
    Yes you be....

I might pay to have a jersey printed with all kinds of fake sponsors ( hey, I used/bought their products once) and have Dogfish printed in place of my name.

14. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Yes you be....

I might pay to have a jersey printed with all kinds of fake sponsors ( hey, I used/bought their products once) and have Dogfish printed in place of my name.
    Will you have DoDo Wipes as a sponsor?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I have faith in the Dog Fish with the help of a few of the highly predictable regulars he'll beat Five easy.

Things were getting Moldy and Stodgy around here have to admit he has livened things up and increased post counts.

16. Member
    I enjoy Dogfish's posts about Gerald. He makes his point without being mean about it. These posts are really no different than some guys posting about quarterbacks that they think are underperfoming.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

17. Member

18. Member
    7+

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    We need a rally cry for the G Man. Something to the effect to stop pimping his 3,678 products and try fishing and winning.
    The G Man is winning Dog. He is cashing checks and fishing. I know what you are getting at, he doesn’t seem to catch the fish like he does the sponsorships. Maybe we are looking at it all wrong, maybe we should look at how well the fisherman catch sponsors.

Is he the Dale Jr of fishing or was Dale Jr. the G Man of NASCAR? (This should get two or three posts from Dogfish). Btw I think your posts are great to read 🤙

20. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    The G Man is winning Dog. He is cashing checks and fishing. I know what you are getting at, he doesn’t seem to catch the fish like he does the sponsorships. Maybe we are looking at it all wrong, maybe we should look at how well the fisherman catch sponsors.

Is he the Dale Jr of fishing or was Dale Jr. the G Man of NASCAR? (This should get two or three posts from Dogfish). Btw I think your posts are great to read 酪
    I see/understand what you are saying, well could be that as with the analogy with Dale Jr.
    Here is the point I find that bothers me to a small extent. BASS became rather blah and a lot of people just lost interest following it. It was rather boring watching the guys fish, then they left for greener pastures. What happened opened my eyes to a different style of fishing in BASS. These guys are excited to be with BASS and in the Elite Series. They went to each and every tournament with the full intention of winning. Finishing anywhere less than winning was not accepted.
    Not many people even knew their names but quickly people that seemed to have driven the nail in the BASS coffin began to notice that these guys are pretty good and very entertaining catching fish. They had sponsors of course but not anywhere to the amount that the guys who left had. These guys were out to win the money, win a tournament and take pride raising that blue trophy at the end of the championship day.
    Low and behold, BASS wasn't dead at all, in fact it seemed to me that this group was even better than what had left as far as showing the enthusiasm to get on the water, catch some fish and win tournaments. It became man vs fish vs the other anglers for 4 hard days of fishing competition.
    One thing we or I have to really consider, what would the crowds looked like without us having Covid 19 this year and those fan were allowed to stand there and cheer these new anglers on. Just think of the excitement those anglers would have shown and felt standing in from of a few thousands raising the blue trophy high in the air with their first win. These past winners this year have shown great emotions standing there with their families, talking about the hard road it has been to get to where they are today.
    But then you have a few from the old school that just want to push info commercials and products after product and even when they did not qualify to fish the third day or even more, they could care less, they can go sell some coffee beans the next day. I agree with some here they still are making money and doing okay financially doing it but the drive to win a $100,000 payout for tat one tournament is not really a big concern of theirs.
    Bass fishing is a sport, you compete, you work hard to be the best in that sport, I just do not see that in a very few of BASS anglers in the Elite series, maybe 1 or 2 guys. Those one or two guys are taking a spot from a guy who would cherish to be in that spot to compete for that $100,000 every tournament to pay his bills and support his family. That guy would shed tears on stage holding that trophy and telling a story of maybe how Rick Clunn told when he had to pawn some cherished items off to make it to a Classic to try and win enough money to support his family and his dream becoming a BassMaster Champion.
    Going back to Dale Jr, he won the Most Popular Driver award year and year after year, maybe because he got them because of his dad. But you know one other thing he did win He did win 2 Championships in the Busch Series and won 24 races with 94 top tens. In the Cup series he did win 26 times and a whopping 260 top tens. For a grand total of 50 wins, Two Championships and 354 top tens. All this in roughly a 24 year career.
    Not a guy that has fished in over 280 tournaments, with 1 win and two AoOY awards in a 25 year career so far. But yet people think this guy is right up there with the likes of KVD, Rick Clunn, Roland Martin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast